Is it possible to make epic songs like "...Baby One More Time" in my bedroom?

lesduncan

Is it possible to make epic songs like "...Baby One More Time" in my bedroom?

I'm a huge fan of Max Martin's early work. Most bedroom producers I know make trap, house or other edm stuff. I've never seen any bedroom producer make a song that sounds like those 1999/2000 pop hits. Is this even possible for me, with my cracked FL Studio and newly purchased Akai Professional LPK25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller? I'm hoping the "pro" in the name actually means Max Martin level of "pro". :)

Thanks.

I'd say ofcourse, since now we can do everything on our laptops that max could in 1999. But keep in mind that he is a really good songwriter and everything lies not only in the production but in all of the other details that add up :)

I'm a huge fan of Max Martin's early work. Most bedroom producers I know make trap, house or other edm stuff. I've never seen any bedroom producer make a song that sounds like those 1999/2000 pop hits. Is this even possible for me, with my cracked FL Studio and newly purchased Akai Professional LPK25 25-Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller? I'm hoping the "pro" in the name actually means Max Martin level of "pro". :)

Thanks.

Do you have the tools/software to do it? Hell yes.

Do you have the songwriting skill/musicality to do it? Hell no.

Keep practicing, working on songwriting, working with other songwriters and maybe one day you'll get close- because arrangement is way harder than production skillz. (production skillz are good though, don't ignore them completely)
Remember making your sole aim to be as good as X artist is always a losing game because you will never be X artist. Concentrate on making things that are good, regardless of whether they are or aren't like anyone elses work.

Remember making your sole aim to be as good as X artist is always a losing game because you will never be X artist. Concentrate on making things that are good, regardless of whether they are or aren't like anyone elses work.

Or by the time you reach the point where Artist X was when you started trying to get there, Artist X has moved to something new and you're left with a pastiche of what that stuff sounded like back then.

Back