Is it just me or are people on youtube really really mean ?

O

OliverPractice

Like would you second tough putting your music up there, if you wrote it and vocaly performed it, and putting a vidoe of yourself ? People get straight evil on you there. My explanation is that obviously a lot of 10 - 17 year olds have acess to computers, or 18,19 year olds for that matter. And people never been in the reversed position of uploading something.

I had some videos of myself practice singing and lol just getting reactions in my little town, they were not bad spirited but generaly after getting reactions I was like ok, no, I'll delete it =).

Last edited by a moderator:
ppl on the internet are like 4 year olds, they just say everything that crosses their mind with no filter so unless your music is as good as it can be i wouldn't even put it up

even if you are a major act people come to your video and spew hatred, just check it, maybe only Nas, 2pac and Emienm are free of it

nah, even they get hate, people like pac n nas don't have a lot of haters but a few very obsessed, stalky ones

People aren't necessarily mean. They either wish for your success, or they wish were in your position and hate on someone who can be the next big thing. Just do you, you ain't gon make progress if you ain't getting criticize.

noone would be that rude in real life. Easy to be an ass anymously behind a screen name, obviously. But how do you handle it, and separate tards from real opinions

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

People aren't necessarily mean. They either wish for your success, or they wish were in your position and hate on someone who can be the next big thing. Just do you, you ain't gon make progress if you ain't getting criticize.

lol they're not just mean sometiems they are assholes, not the majority but quiet some bs on youtube comments and the internet, read it.

Regardles of why they are doing it, they are being asses.

Just do your thing and show that your meaning bisuness and striving to prove them that you were meant be in that position. It's a way to say you came from nothing and doing better, but it's a reminder to them that they have to work for success rather than waiting for someone to give it to them.

yeA it is like they either luv you OR hate you and dont need a reason, some fanatics also alot of trolls..

youtube is the worst lol, sometimes i click on videos just to read the comments lol

People have to be nice all day to fit in socially. They have to stand in line like everybody else. They have wait their turn like everybody else. They have to act a certain way to keep their jobs.

When they get on the internet, they throw all of that out of the window because who wouldn't want to cut line? Who wouldn't want to not have to wait to have their number called? Who wouldn't want to be able to act "unprofessional" at their place of work from time to time?

Give somebody a fake name and they'll bring out a different side of themselves that probably isn't the best side.

Anybody watch that show CATFISH? That's what people do. They can be anybody they want to be without actually damaging their "real life" presence.

Unless you act stupid on FB.

People have to be nice all day to fit in socially. They have to stand in line like everybody else. They have wait their turn like everybody else. They have to act a certain way to keep their jobs.

When they get on the internet, they throw all of that out of the window because who wouldn't want to cut line? Who wouldn't want to not have to wait to have their number called? Who wouldn't want to be able to act "unprofessional" at their place of work from time to time?

Give somebody a fake name and they'll bring out a different side of themselves that probably isn't the best side.

Anybody watch that show CATFISH? That's what people do. They can be anybody they want to be without actually damaging their "real life" presence.

Unless you act stupid on FB.

Great point. Best reply. Insightfull and true. And yeah on facebook everyone is 1000X more respectfull, cause after all you show your face and identity.

They're trolls lol.

Worldstar comment section has a lot of them lol

damn ws is the worst eva, like are people form the hood that cold ? Guys knocking girls down and crowd goes -wohoa yeeah worldstar - anywhere else in the world people would be shocked , maybe not shocked but c'mon hittin a girl. And fights don't get broekn up evne if a guy is kod clean down and gets kicked in the head like wtf hurry up break that up, I honestly wanna kick the faces of those dudes woh recorded and instigated that crackhead fight over cigars where at the end they we're lik " ok enough jsut don't kill him" like casualy, they don't care bout his health and brain damage. However cops cathc people on the site and I read it's a majority of young afro american men, uneducated. Now obviously that doesn't speak for all blacks, I just have to type this cause ...... even tough it's obvious but yeah. Some dude hit a hadicaped woman in the face to get on ws, like wtf you record that and sent it to a site, like ... sad.

I would ban that site period. But yeha a lot of stuff is not serious at all, it' just trolling or venting off, havin fun. And if you're good the people who are normal will defend you bythemselves. Damn it's jsut that I'm sensitive and don't want this to lose control, like put osmething on the net.

Make shit thats undeniable then. If you get butthurt over youtube comments you definitely wont survive, your career would end on The Breakfast Club courtesy of Charlemagne

If you think that youtube is mean, you must not know anything about worldstar

Worldstar is like hmmm if internet site would be room worldstar would be a dirty dirty toilet that hasn't been cleant in 3 months. I don't bother with it's existence. However every musician has their videos on youtube, worldstar you don't need to check period as a musician.

Youtube is the mecca of faceless cowards. Anybody who takes youtube comments seriously needs to get off the computer and go outside and make friends.

People just like to talk ish that's all. It's like gossip. Talk noise but aint talking bout nothing.

I was listening to an audiobook the other day and what you're seeing from people, including most on FP (including me) are called - SUB-PERSONALITIES...

It said people have multiple personalities depending on the setting - everybody already knew this. It's sort of like how you would talk in an interview vs. talking to your friends.

Talking on the internet is talking to strangers that will never know you more than likely so you bring out that sub-personality.

Think about that Dave Chappelle Lil Jon skit... it's like that.

I'm actually a nice person...

Last edited:
Back