Is Hip Hop a Government Weapon?

I'm not a fan of Alex Jones or any other conspiracy theorist nut-job types but it is worth pondering how Hip Hop's obsession with prison can be and is linked to mass incarceration rates and when you factor in how labels have a vested financial interest in the prison industrial complex one can and must see there is a record deal to prison pipeline no different than the school to prison pipeline.

black people created hip hop music.. also in the 90's rappers made songs rebelling against the government.. so yea.. i discredit this

black people created hip hop music.. also in the 90's rappers made songs rebelling against the government.. so yea.. i discredit this

I'm not sure myself but remember those same rappers attacking the governmemt are not relevant today. I'm talking about today's music. As I examine it further, I can't say I agree with these brothers. Drugs yes, but Rap music I would need more proof.

Last edited:
From the guy who believes rappers should rap for free please explain how one could become rich from this. I am curious to hear your logic.
Easy, don't rap about it.

Write some books, make some movies, give some speeches, and sell some merchandise. People want something to believe in. I think that a charismatic individual who appeals to certain disenfranchised groups could gain a cult following. That following could spearhead a small but strong influence on popular culture.

But then again, all of these "conspiracies" are already on YouTube and nobody is making money from them. People will complain and things will stay the same. Nobody wants to take action until others start taking action. Then once a critical mass is formed, the hate, jealousy, hypocrisy, and ignorance will divide the group. Everything falls apart and people will need something new to follow.

Never mind. :sigh:

I'm not a fan of Alex Jones or any other conspiracy theorist nut-job types but it is worth pondering how Hip Hop's obsession with prison can be and is linked to mass incarceration rates and when you factor in how labels have a vested financial interest in the prison industrial complex one can and must see there is a record deal to prison pipeline no different than the school to prison pipeline.
they take away resources in unwanted communities (black, hispanic, asian, white but mostly black) and introduce the war on drugs that gives you a felony for weed! gtfoh government! end that shit!

Easy, don't rap about it.

Write some books, make some movies, give some speeches, and sell some merchandise. People want something to believe in. I think that a charismatic individual who appeals to certain disenfranchised groups could gain a cult following. That following could spearhead a small but strong influence on popular culture.

But then again, all of these "conspiracies" are already on YouTube and nobody is making money from them. People will complain and things will stay the same. Nobody wants to take action until others start taking action. Then once a critical mass is formed, the hate, jealousy, hypocrisy, and ignorance will divide the group. Everything falls apart and people will need something new to follow.

Never mind. :sigh:

This right here is the straight up truth. It's what Alex Jones does with infowars. Fear is a powerful weapon. play into the fear. increase the paranoia and hawk a product that combats the percieved threat

This right here is the straight up truth. It's what Alex Jones does with infowars. Fear is a powerful weapon. play into the fear. increase the paranoia and hawk a product that combats the percieved threat

America has what over 300 million people. After Waco Texas with David Koresh, Alex realized they were a few million wackos like him in America who vehemently distrust & oppose the government. I can't lie. I distrust them too but I aint making documentaries either or stockpiling weapons in my home either. Alex does reach out to rappers though:

Last edited:
America has what over 300 million people. After Waco Texas with David Koresh, Alex realized they were a few million wackos like him in America who vehemently distrust & oppose the government. I can't lie. I distrust them too but I aint making documentaries either or stockpiling weapons in my home either.

That is what I mean. Most people are internet revolutionairies today. Nobody is willing to put their financial success, personal freedom, or life on the line for their beliefs. People want something and need someone much, much, much stronger and courageous than they are. This is why I cannot take people with conspiracy theories and anti-government rhetoric seriously.

Would you give up your job for you beliefs?
Would you give up your freedom for you beliefs?
Would you give up your life for you beliefs?

In the end, these videos and posts are entertainment. They appeal to people that are bored with the mainstream media offerings. But in the end, it is entertainment. That is why people are not going to take action. They want to be entertained more than they want to risk anything. People are scared to put it all on the line without an army of other people behind them.

That is what I mean. Most people are internet revolutionairies today. Nobody is willing to put their financial success, personal freedom, or life on the line for their beliefs. People want something and need someone much, much, much stronger and courageous than they are. This is why I cannot take people with conspiracy theories and anti-government rhetoric seriously.

Would you give up your job for you beliefs?
Would you give up your freedom for you beliefs?
Would you give up your life for you beliefs?

In the end, these videos and posts are entertainment. They appeal to people that are bored with the mainstream media offerings. But in the end, it is entertainment. That is why people are not going to take action. They want to be entertained more than they want to risk anything. People are scared to put it all on the line without an army of other people behind them.

You can support the revolution in more ways than one. Protesters still need access to resources;lawyers,money;graphic artists, people knowledgeable in computers and social media, educators etc.. The Black Panthers got support from professionals like myself in these same areas. I am a parent as well as a guardian. I have to provide guidance and financial support. I can't do that being locked up or banging it out with the police. I'm not a little fella. When violence pops off, I'm the first dude them scary as police are shooting. If I didn't have kids to raise as well as no other skills to support the cause. I probably would have been dead already or in jail. I would have been catching licks robbing establishments to survive. Fortunately I have education to rely on.

Last edited:

alex jones does nothing good for the world. if anything he increases the number of paranoid schizophrenics.

People need to understand that a revolution is nothing without proper planning preventing poor performance and common sense.

i'm not sure myself but remember those same rappers attacking the governmemt are not relevant today. I'm talking about today's music. As i examine it further, i can't say i agree with these brothers. Drugs yes, but rap music i would need more proof.

most rappers from the 90's are not relevant.. It's 2014!!! What are you saying lol

Yeah ignore the past. Who cares about history right? It's irrelevant. You can never learn from older people. They don't know shyt.

It isn't about ignoring the past. It is about ignoring older people who have accomplished nothing. Plenty of older people had advice for me when I was young. But I took what they said and compared it to what they actually did. The truth was that most of the people had strong opinions but had put forth little effort to make things happen.

You have to choose your mentors wisely. When people tell you "do as I say and not as I do", just nod your head and play along. No need to argue. You may not have the answers, but you will already know what not to do. Sometimes avoiding stupidity is better than chasing knowledge.

Yeah ignore the past. Who cares about history right? It's irrelevant. You can never learn from older people. They don't know shyt.

who said anything about ignoring them.. i'm saying older people are not talked about how they used to be.. people barely talk about pete maravich.. karemm abdul jabar etc .. people don't talk about elvis.. pubic enemy.. kurtis blow.. eazy e ... the more time passes.. less people get talked about ..

Back