Irv Gotti Brings Back Murder Inc. Records

NLHH

Alpha&Omega
ja-rule-murder-inc-500x500.jpg
This is what Ja had to say on instagram.

Wanna share with y’all what I have been plotting on!! For years I have been wanting to start an ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY called VISIONARY. and yesterday was one of the 1st steps with bringing Maddi Jane. 14 year old superstar from Chicago to my Family at Atlantic Records. Julie Greenwald. Mtg and energy was fantastic. So I wake up today very excited. VISIONARY will also be doing TV shows. Me and Rule are working with Cris Abrego of 51 Minds and Rule will probably have his own Reality Show very soon. Which will also be a part VISIONARY thing. Also working on a few movie ideas that will also be VISIONARY. So with the signing of Maddi Jane and me waking up feeling great. I said let me share this with my people. VISIONARY will also manage artist as well. But I will only manage artist I feel are VISIONARY type artist. Not trying to just manage any and everyone. And that will be music and actors and athletes. MURDER INC will be a label under VISIONARY. And things I will do with Ja will always be MURDER INC AND MPIRE. and if I find another rapper that inspires me to work with them. It will be MURDER INC. but an artist like Maddi Jane will be under VISIONARY. I will let you guys in on more things I’m doing when the time is right.

Good Luck with the project. I'm curious to see if Ja Rule can resurrect his career and if he'll use that same R&B type style.

The thing I like about Irv and Ja is that they know they're up against alot of obstacles. They know they've fallen from the top, they know it's an uphill battle. Irv has always been a great business man. This should to the least be an interesting and historic rewturn even if they never reach peaks they did in prior times.

I expect some good music to come out of this if nothing else, regardless of where it ends up on billboard/soundscan, I expect some great music.

I've tried the mental exercise of trying to get Rule back to the top of the game... Imagine you had to produce Rule.. He is going to need out of this world production. That would be quite an interesting challenge.

But by any means, I see a true path for a cinematographic career... And I think that artist development is the way for Rule and Irv to get back in the music game. Find and polish something hot and get back to hotness by association. They are on their way.

I wish them the best, I really liked Murda Inc.

I rather see murder inc return more than g-unit LMAO 50 is soo wack compared to ja-rule.. HAHA ... VVV > GRODT

I've tried the mental exercise of trying to get Rule back to the top of the game... Imagine you had to produce Rule.. He is going to need out of this world production. That would be quite an interesting challenge.

But by any means, I see a true path for a cinematographic career... And I think that artist development is the way for Rule and Irv to get back in the music game. Find and polish something hot and get back to hotness by association. They are on their way.

I wish them the best, I really liked Murda Inc.

Irv was talented as a producer and artist development. Today it's a different ball game. Who's Ja Rule's target audience? I doubt the young crowd's gonna embrace him. 50 made that song "Wanksta" about him and his fans turned on him and started singing the hook. Maybe the young females will support him if he makes some melodic club songs. Rick Ross and Jay Z have young fan support so I guess anything is possible if it's packaged right.

They had their time...nobody wants to hear ja rule rap anymore

You kiddin me? I wouldn't say they will come back multi platinum strong......but I've sid plenty of times that MMG reminds me "sound wise" of Murder Ink. It was only the G Unit wave of dick riders that persuaded people to think otherwise about their sound.

G-Unit = coward shit for the dow.

Shits on anything made on Aftermath/Shady

prove something fuucking with that from them? You can't!!!!!

That Outstanding bongo loop never gets old!

Last edited:
Good luck to em, But I agree with Troup. They need to be silent partners their names hold too much negativity to it. And Ja's sound is so stuck in the early 2000's it ain't even funny. 50 got a better chance as an artist to come out with another hit to be honest

Not cosigning these guys, but from what I've gathered from the way they're talking, they know every obstacle addressed by people thinking they can't make a comeback. Irv has been playing the background and doing okay keeping his face out the limelight. I think the point of their resurrection of Murda Inc is to give Ja another run.

Again, Irv's not a dumb businessman, if you think it's the best option, he's already thought of it. The fact he can put faith in chaos is what makes me want to see what these guys are gonna do. Hopefully I won't eat my words on this one.

I'll go as far as to say I think Gotti got a better ear for this than Diddy or Dame ever did, just didn't get the same outlets to the same path. And on top of that, he could do what they do while having the ability to actually make the track. I think he's being underestimated because of the gap since he's been in the limelight. All JUST MY OPINION, I could just be on the crazy pills again.

Last edited:
Back