internship at recording studio questions

drought

Hey fp wats up, so my question is if any knows what a studio looks for in a intern? so what i mean by that is what do they want the intern to have or know? so like a diploma from a audio recording school? or knowledge of the equipment? also what do guys put on a resume for a recording studio if make 1 for it? cause i have a resume for like other jobs but not sure if that would help or be useful. so if any 1 could help me with this would be great? thank u

Last edited:
Hey fp wats up, so my question is if any knows what a studio looks for in a intern? so what i mean by that is what do they want the intern to have or know? so like a diploma from a audio recording school? or knowledge of the equipment? also what do guys put on a resume for a recording studio if make 1 for it? cause i have a resume for like other jobs but not sure if that would help or be useful. so if any 1 could help me with this would be great? thank u

Nowadays there are too many audio engineering students for a beginner that doesn't know anything to have any chance getting an internship.. Getting an internship for students is hard enough. Studios aren't making much money right now, and the ones that are have engineers that have been there for years. If you don't goto an audio school that helps you with getting intern placements the best way(and probably only way) for you to get into a studio is if you freelance on your own time and bring artists in to the studio to record. Show them that you can bring work to them and give them a reason to hire you.

The days of finding a mentor and interning your way up in a studio are over/changing with the amount of engineering students there are now.

The only thing that should be on your resume is stuff relevant to the studio.

And your gonna be wrapping cables and getting coffee. Don't think you'll be in the studio sessions doing what you probably want to be doing. And if you do manage to get your way into the sessions, be quiet. Don't give your input, you aren't the producer. Don't even hint your input. Especially if you are just the assistant engineer or lower. Just always be anticipating what the session needs, and get it ready before the engineer even needs it or asks. But if you even get into a studio you won't be at that point for a long time.

If you have no experience in a studio/ no chance to bring in work to them you're pretty much screwed. They aren't interested in training someone they don't need.

Last edited:
Back