Internet production & Whack artist's?

NinaBeatz

I've been debating lately on the whole "Selling beats online" buisness model. If you have an automated site you have no creative control over the finished project, so what if nothing but garbage artist's are purchasing your hard work and destroying it. furthermore, what about the fact that (due to tags) they are ALL associated with your name at that point?

Just a few thoughts i have been having lately, I wanted to get some more opinion's. So what do you all think?

Drumma Boy is a great producer. . .

Done A LOT of songs with Gucci. . . and some of them were horrible but the beat was tight as ****. . .

At the end of the day. . .if you done your part. . .people will appreciate it and your pockets will appreciate it. . .

Most of these WACK artists can't handle a dope beat anyway.

I will tell you one thing : don't care about that.
Get your money while you can.

Plus there is rarely co branding on music.. If your music is nice, even if the MC is horrendous, your brand image will not be too much affected.

Plus with the amount of super wack MC being successful, even more than spectacular MCs... it would almost be going backward not to work with one.

Mainstream hiphop has become a joke, just get your dollars...

Drumma Boy is a great producer. . .

Done A LOT of songs with Gucci. . . and some of them were horrible but the beat was tight as ****. . .

At the end of the day. . .if you done your part. . .people will appreciate it and your pockets will appreciate it. . .

Most of these WACK artists can't handle a dope beat anyway.

Gucci Mane is a crappy MC but he's famous, so even if his performance over your beats you'll still get better exposure. But if you collaborations with a wack local MC well that's gonna get you nowhere...

Gucci Mane is a crappy MC but he's famous, so even if his performance over your beats you'll still get better exposure. But if you collaborations with a wack local MC well that's gonna get you nowhere...

chief keef was a wack local artist that blew up wit that hot ass young chop beat, and young chop got famous as well.

Good point. However if you´re hedging you´re beats on wack MCs blowing up...

well it just proves that wack artist or not, you can make it, so you shouldnt only limit your beats, and MONEY to artists who you think are NOT wack....

it's not about being wack. . .because 90% of the rappers in the mainstream can't rap anyway . . . its about who is selling records. . .and I could give a **** who it is. . . if they are paying they are paying. I'm doing my part by giving out tight beats. If they buy a beat exclusively then they can do whatever they want with it.

There's a certain kind of respect gained when being selective with the artists we choose to work with. In other words, a producer who positions his or herself as a selective collaborator can find themselves at the top of the list of producers to work with. I strongly recommend for producers to be selective with who they choose to officially release music with.

That being said, it's a terrible idea to remove beats from the internet or prevent the below average artist from having access to them. After all, these are the ones who become your biggest supporters. Music is created for others to hear and enjoy. We use it to motivate us, get laid, get paid, teach, preach and more. Up and coming performers need beats to practice with. There are other ways to establish recognizable differences between the songs you support most and least.

As far as the automated website is concerned, this method of conducting business will ultimately set producers up for failure. The idea is to have a single location for conducting business with people from around the world. Only certain features of a website should be automated: counters, sign-ups, searches, etc. Automated features should be limited to basic repetitive functions, while updates are managed by administrators or moderators.

i dont mind really because i had rappers on my beats when i was wack just starting off. but mostly wack rappers will go no where, some will but alot wont.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

i have some artists to rap on my beats thats on my label. so its really not a problem for me but since they have been with me from the beginning i dont charge them for beats its more of a team thing. to many producers now just make beats and dont own labels. hell drumma boy has a label. if your a hot producer sign some artists

Release beats to lease on the internet. Hold your special beats to shop to biggger artist and up and comers. Find out who pays for beats and don't mess with artists who don't (unless they promote like crazy). Wack or not, finding the RIGHT artists you work with will only help you.

EVen my best beats, I would put out there... that's how you end up getting good mixtape credits sometimes... Plus seriously, it takes a long time to realize that all this hiphop beatmaking game is nothing but a lottery... Get your paper kids..

I feel it's all about creating a buzz. An MC may be terrible beyond belief, but if they have a huge following, that in turn can create more opportunities for a producer. Sure, better MCs may lend their voice over a track but what if they lack the crowd? Sometimes this is the case.

Back