Instrumental EP- Into the A.M. F4F

donny7337

Hey, back with my first instrumental EP. Tried to convert what a night of mine would sound like in instrumental form, so anytime after midnight would be the best time to listen to this fully through. Tell me what you think of any of the songs, or if you have time, the whole EP and I'll return the feed. Thanks

1. Enter the Night

2. Sleepless Dreamer

3. Noisefall

4. The Disappearance of Chaos

5. Waking to Infiniti

Last edited:
this is coo my fav two are sleepless dreamer..i like the build up to the voices around the min mark..also I like waking to infiniti the whole song is upbeat and hyped up..i like it starts off with the alarm clock going off.its cool..one thing tho I would try maybe different drums..it sounds like your using the same sound in all of your songs...maybe something that knocks a bit more..anywY check me out when your not sleeping Once Again Its ON and Poppin FEED 4 FEED like ALWAYS

Last edited:
Not bad, I like the concept a lot and I think for the most part you materialized it well. Don't be afraid to step out of your shell, seems like you were reserved with your composition.

M▲SON ON M▲RS;49719792 said:
Not bad, I like the concept a lot and I think for the most part you materialized it well. Don't be afraid to step out of your shell, seems like you were reserved with your composition.
Thanks for the feed. This is actually me stepping out of my shell cuz all my other stuff sounds pretty much completely different from these but I see what you mean

this is coo my fav two are sleepless dreamer..i like the build up to the voices around the min mark..also I like waking to infiniti the whole song is upbeat and hyped up..i like it starts off with the alarm clock going off.its cool..one thing tho I would try maybe different drums..it sounds like your using the same sound in all of your songs...maybe something that knocks a bit more..anywY check me out when your not sleeping Once Again Its ON and Poppin FEED 4 FEED like ALWAYS

Yea I used the same sounding drums to get the same feel throughout but I wasn't sure about if I shouldve done it or not. Thanks for the feed

Take it as a compliment that I listened o the whole EP through cans at 0845.

The concept is clear and there is a unity of conceit through all 5 tracks due to the sounds selected. In terms of composition I would say tracks 2 and 4 are the strongest. Clever use of Bob Marley sample in track 2 with the re-pitching of the vocal suiting the theme well. Track 4 has the strongest melodic elements (reminds me a bit of Animals On Wheels) though more variation in the layering and use of space and silence would appeal to my personal taste (a la Massive Attack)

The low-end is dealt with really judiciously throughout, especially in track 5 where the sub frequencies are hot.

All in all I would say there are some healthy experimental tendencies exhibited here and the mix is accomplished. I would like to hear some variety in the drum kits used, perhaps some 'warmer' sampled hits to add some organic graininess, but that's just a matter of taste.

https://soundcloud.com/fnyk

Well done! I really like what you have done here, especially "Enter the night" and "the disappearance of chaos" have some really great sounds and vibe. But for me, what really almost destroys these two tracks is your drum beat. I don't think the snare/clap sound fits the music at all. Maybe that's the sound you wanted to get, I don't know, but I would recommend you to listen to both tracks without the drums first and then try to objectively analyze if you're happy with the drums.
Have you heard about DJ Shadow? Listen to some of his work and you might get inspiration (your tracks somehow remind me of his)!
But otherwise, good work!

Nice stuff! Actually thought they were all pretty decent. Really liked sampling in Walking to Infinity. I'd agree with the others, that the drums just don't sound ideal. Finding it hard to pin-point what about them it is though. May be the samples; I think the clap in particular doesn't quite fit. Maybe could do with a cleaner, lower snare underlying it? Or maybe a drop more 'verb? Or different sample. Dunno.

Good work though on the whole!

I really like the conecpt you have here. Listened to the track and my favorite are Sleeples Dreamer and Waking to Infiity.
Do you like Kid Cudi? You sound like you are influenced by him or someone like him, especially on Sleeples Dreamer, sounds like something straight out of Man on the Moon.
Good job, really like what you've done here.
Return the favor when you can https://www.futureproducers.com/for...hip-hop-beat-will-return-all-feedback-461844/
That's awesome you say that cuz he's one of my favorite rappers and Im influenced heavily by his producers

Back