In need of some hard hitting kicks.

lmao , all my homies was laughing at me when they saw ur comments man. haha man hook me up with some kicks man

Honestly man i dont have one of those huge drum folders i like to grab some vinyl per project and make kits per song then usually just ditch most of it. I am more a audio engineer who dabbles in production where most people here started the other way around.

Some of my favorite sample packs came from http://www.gotchanoddin.com/ they have a ton of freebie downloads you can use to build up and layer some kicks with.

Last edited:
filecrop(450 gigs of drums free)
freedrumkit.net(20 gigs of free drums)
sampleswap(7gigs)

or drum machine vsts.

i was only able to get 30 gigs over the course of half a year.But still thats a nice ass sized slection for free stuff to get people started with :D
or you know...he could just get a drum vst :/

Many many years back I used to just download anything I could find had a full 100gig drive full then realized it was 90% useless and I had wasted hours digging for this stuff when I could have been actually makimg music. Now I pretty much stick to a pretty small library and then battery and a few hardware machines and vinyl. But yes its great for new people who have nothing to get some drums to get going.

Learn to make your own kicks in a drum synth, you'll have a lot finer control on the sound. The kick is the most important element in any dance/bass related music, don't limit yourself to a set of samples that might not fit the sound you're looking for.

Synthesising your own is a good way to get what you want, once you become good at it. That's how they are done in the first place anyway and then through layering and processing multiple kicks together. It also depends a little what kind of genre you are into. Probably a hard hitting kick for hip hop would not be the same as one you'd use in trance.

Damn who seriously needs that many gigs of what 10mb tops drum hits? Drum hoarders lol

it's just like sample digging, you might go through 100 records to find the gem. With kits you get 100s of gigs to find the few dope sounds. Depends on how driven you are.

Why dig thru hundreds of GB when you can just go with reliable sample libraries?

Everything from Logic to Reason to FL comes with the tools needed to build your own library. From there, find sounds you feel you're lacking from reliable sources.

Why dig thru hundreds of GB when you can just go with reliable sample libraries?

Everything from Logic to Reason to FL comes with the tools needed to build your own library. From there, find sounds you feel you're lacking from reliable sources.

NO, lol. There are no reliable sources when it comes to uniqueness. Most kits are going to have less than 10% usable stuff whether it's from a respectable source or some random kit online. And if you like quirky stuff, which you should, those sounds are often found in obscure places. If you're talking bread and butter sounds, sure go with reputable sources.

im defintly a newbie but layering kicks then adding saturation works well for me

Back