Im curious on average how long you guys dig before you find a smaple you like?

Whether it's e-crate digging or actual digging, I hate searching all day and only finding like 2 usable samples. But then there are those days where you get on that roll and find one sample after the other.

One thing I would suggest is to do like what brodel said and keep a pile of "to be sampled" I love going back and listening to the samples I've dug up. A lot of times I have a bunch of useless samples but they're still good tunes.

I search for stuff that sounds interesting (Movie or Game Soundtracks, unknown music, and so on)
i play that stuff and do something else in same time like Playing a Video Game (without Sound of course) do my Paperwork etc..
And if the Music gets my Attention it's in 80 % a good Sample. If i really found a good sample i play that Record again with my full attention so i don't miss something good. Sure not a method for everbody but it works fine for me

About 1 in two tracks turns out to be something I can sample. I go through about 500 songs when I AM digging, it takes full days and I usually come up with only 2 or 3 tracks that I immediately get struck by

Years, haha. Seriously, digging is extremely time consuming for me. But once I find something I wanna flip its really fulfilling.

when buy a bunch or records and sample all of them, even if they suck ass. sometimes Il spends hours chopping and makeing the beat if the samples nice, if it sucks il take 5 mins and make a practice beat. But for the most I can find samples in anything.

I'll go on crate digging trips to other city's like Amsterdam or Utrecht with my friends every 2 months, and I'll buy like 80 Euro's of records, I will spend like 5 euro a record because I know that I can sample it because I know what I'm looking (and because I can listen to the record when I'm at the store) sometimes I'll search the 1 Euro bins and find some obscure stuff.

Back