iLok plug-ins

DJ R. Sun 84 said:
Are there any plug-ins out there that can rival the eastwest stuff (thats Vista compatible) that don't use iLok keys?

Does that mean this eastwest stuff is actually that good? I've seen some pretty good stuff out there but I don't know what kind of copy protection it all uses.

L. A. Stone said:
Does that mean this eastwest stuff is actually that good? I've seen some pretty good stuff out there but I don't know what kind of copy protection it all uses.

From What I've seen and heard for myself they seem to be worth it. As far as Orchestra sounds go Edirol and IKs plugs are pretty nice, I only had experience with Edirol though but no longer have it. The thing about EastWest was I heard that they have the best world instruments and I was interested in their Fab 4 plug in so thats what bought their attention to me. Any suggestions on alternatives?

DJ R. Sun 84 said:
From What I've seen and heard for myself they seem to be worth it. As far as Orchestra sounds go Edirol and IKs plugs are pretty nice, I only had experience with Edirol though but no longer have it. The thing about EastWest was I heard that they have the best world instruments and I was interested in their Fab 4 plug in so thats what bought their attention to me. Any suggestions on alternatives?

I have Storm Drum 2, IT'S OFF THE DAM CHAIN! The drum sounds in that thing oh my goodness, they are incredible! Fab 4 has the Beatle's sounds for that piece. When the Symphonic Choir comes out later this month I am getting that along with Orchestral Gold, and voices of Passion. I think they have that Ethnic instrument thingy going I have to look back on their site. If it's there that's to be copped too. Their sounds are nuts! I love Eastwest I should have got them long ago, I didn't want to be attached to Native Instruments. Now their not I am loving it. Their Ministry of Rock sound like real guitars, man I was testing that out at a store and darn neared Peed on myself lol I had to go, that was to crazy lol

Last edited:
what the **** so this ilok key dies after a while what kinda **** is that do you gotta charge or something lol thats BS

M-dagreat said:
what the **** so this ilok key dies after a while what kinda **** is that do you gotta charge or something lol thats BS

iLok key dying? Bro I had mines in my Mac Pro for two years and I have never had a problem. It never dies, I really don't know what guys are doing or what type of computers you guys have, but it sounds wild. Once you put your ilok in don't fumble with it etc. Ilok holds 100 programs and I am no where near that. Are you synching your iLok first? you have to synch it with the computer your on then down load the program onto it. BUT YOU MUST SYNCH FIRST! Go to ilok and follow the instructions.

Back