IK Has something up their sleeve

I love my Tiny Terror! I've been asking for Orange since the days before I was with IK. There's a lot more than that Orange there, though, and remember the possibility of getting a copy of this mysterious release ;)

More pictures have gone up and I'd love to see people identifying the gear and also maybe dropping some places where one can research gear? I'd drop a couple but waiting to see what resources you guys come up with first.

I love my Tiny Terror! I've been asking for Orange since the days before I was with IK. There's a lot more than that Orange there, though, and remember the possibility of getting a copy of this mysterious release ;)

More pictures have gone up and I'd love to see people identifying the gear and also maybe dropping some places where one can research gear? I'd drop a couple but waiting to see what resources you guys come up with first.

Well it's definitely a BigMuff pedal , and a FuzzBox one in there too .

Is that a re issue floor pedal from the AC30 , and thus a re issue amp ?
Mine doesn't look like that .

Is there a dual rectifier in there too ?

C'mon Pete , did I win a prize ? ;)

Hmmm.. you guys are doing better than I thought but remember this isn't the only place the photos are posted. Don't let the other forums win this one, show some FP Pride. :)

We also put something very interesting up just now and it would really be of interest to keyboard players and might even change the game here a little bit

We also put something very interesting up just now and it would really be of interest to keyboard players and might even change the game here a little bit

You mean the Leslie cabinet ?
MorningStar spotted the rotary speaker earlier in the thread .

I did wonder if one of the valve amp internals was from a Hammond , but it doesn't seem to match a B3 ???

Well, I didn't want to sound cocky but we really did hit it out of the park with Fender and even the oldest one in the bunch still holds its own. Not saying this is exactly where we're headed but the quality will again hit a home run for sure whatever it is.

Anybody have more guesses on the microphones (including the ones just posted)?

Also, if you want to help your colleagues, post some good gear research pages or find some and win this thing :)

Hey Peter , in the pic it looks like the Leslie was close miced , is that correct ?
I seem to recall that amplitude modulation is more apparent close up , but the frequency modulation can be heard better at a distance .

Hey Peter , in the pic it looks like the Leslie was close miced , is that correct ?
I seem to recall that amplitude modulation is more apparent close up , but the frequency modulation can be heard better at a distance .
That's pretty close mic'ing for sure and I can't remember where I saw it but there was a famous producer/engineer who liked doing it that way IIRC. I've seen some blurbs about how people would mic a Leslie and how different the approaches were, and what effect the different techniques had on the recorded sound.

I'd say yes, the effect would be more noticeable close up (give care to not only modulation as you mention but what frequencies would be more pronounced which could be similar but not exactly the same to how it gets recorded or heard) but not necessarily making it a given to close mic. How that sound travelled is part of what makes it special too, to some. There's a lot going on there, so I'm sure whatever is being done with that wonderful box of rotating joy will be great.

Im going with Amplitube 3 unless this is a completely new line? IK have had T-Racks 3 which is just amazing. Sample Tank 3 is in production so maybe with all the advances in the amplitube range (fenders was absolute quality) maybe amplitube 2 is getting an upgrade?

What ever it is I cant wait to see it. IK stuff is fantastic and I will be getting this! (as I wont be winning it!!!)

Hmmm probably no prizes for correct guesses on the product and note I didn't say software. It may or may not be :) You have time to guess, but we'll give warning when we're getting closer I suppose. Or you might want to get your lists in ASAP so you don't miss out.

Back