If your budget is $0.00...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bout my tape player from the market at springvale, i can rewind really fast

the best combination that is very inexpensive is....fruityloops,audacity,yamaha psr....in my opinion you get great music using these three things.

I started out with Directmusic producer (part of the directx developer suite) to make MIDIs. It's free and the learning curve wasn't too bad. Back then I was amazed that even though I couldn't play a single instrument I could put together a decent tune on the computer. After awhile of messing around, I found that since Directmusic is made for making music for programs, there is a randomize playback function (and several others as well) that aid in making music for programs easy. Looking back, I realize it wasn't the best place to start, but I didn't know that, and I had fun. Soon I decided to try out FL Studio. After about a week of messing with the demo, I realized the functionality of it was a hundred times better than Directmusic. The ability to render to mp3 was super. I got so into using it that I decided to buy it. It cost me 150 dollars, but it was worth it. I soon found out about soundfonts and VST plugins, which made a lot of things possible. Using the free plugin SFZ, all files with .sf2 extensions can be played, and most sound way better than the stock sounds. A large amount of them can be found at www.hammersound.net. Later on I bought an EM-U XBoard that hooks up to my computer via USB. I own a laptop and I'm using the built-in sound card with Asio4All, no problems. I am very happy with this setup. I know this is a 0$ thread, but I thought I would try to help out with some tips from my own experience. I'm a college student doing music as a hobby, and I hope this helps others who are in similar situations.

I didn't mean to write a book, seriously...

GReetingz

I'm Pixa. I'm a producer from Hungary. I makin music in many stylez (rnb,dirty rnb, south,

dancehall-ragga, NYstyle, midwest, westcoast...etc ) for over 10 years. Im sellin it on a

few sites.
Every month I promote a mix in different styles for people allover the world.

If you like it buy it. :twisted:
anyway please give me a feedback for this ****.
here is the link

my site iz temporary pixamusic.uw.hu it will be www.pixa.hu in a few days

I makin remixez tooo contact me.

msn: pixie665@hotmail.com
email: tarpi55@enternet.hu

Mattman04 said:
^^^^What does this have to do with this thread???

nothing!

he isnt even giving it away, which might be somewhere near the vein of this thread....

pixa, its $0.00 havin mofos readin this thread, right? they aint buyin your sh1t......

and wtf is NYstyle and dirty rnb? that sh1t must be *real* underground....

peace.

okay-- this isnt free, but its cheap and killer!

many of you prolly know about it already, but i thought id give a personal testimonial.

i was blessed with a copy of Metallurgy from ugo at cortidesign.

http://www.cortidesign.com/ugo/

its friggin sick!

it IS as good as it LOOKS....

i was interested in it after chekin it out, but after using it, im seriously impressed. it goes far beyond what other 'grungy' effects do... theres all sorts of crazy sequencing options...

really- for *!*twenty bucks*!*, its a steal. quality stuff. ohmforce be damned!! well, no but.... haha....

peace.

Hey.

I'm kind of new to all this music production stuff and I have no idea on what is the best software to use... I want to start making Drum n Bass music, so does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best software to use to make this kind of music..?

If you could post suggestions on software which you can download for free (i dont have a lot of dosh right now) AND software such as Cubase that would be great!

Thanks for your help,
-BSE.

P.S. I'm currently using Windows XP, not sure if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back