If you need a record digger hire Beatnick Dee

That's the fun part of digging, finding the gem yourself and letting your ear determine what's funky. I can see where an established producer though may not have the time to dig themselves.

Last edited:
It's not like it was 25 yeras ago.With the internet being what it,you can get music all day and never have to leave your couch.Blogs,shops,ebay,online record stores,it's all right there at the tip of your fingers.I guess it's cool though for him,it's a good hustle.I would NEVER use anyone to dig for me because like benji said digging is fun(physically going through crates).I still have albums and songs from 10 years ago i haven't gotten around to yet but to each his/her own.

Peace

I agree

It's not like it was 25 yeras ago.With the internet being what it,you can get music all day and never have to leave your couch.Blogs,shops,ebay,online record stores,it's all right there at the tip of your fingers.I guess it's cool though for him,it's a good hustle.I would NEVER use anyone to dig for me because like benji said digging is fun(physically going through crates).I still have albums and songs from 10 years ago i haven't gotten around to yet but to each his/her own.

Peace

I agree with you both. I actually enjoy digging myself but I like Beatnick Dee's hustle. Wish I had thought of it myself. I always buy lots of records and its fun to find gems in the bunch. For new guys getting into boom bap production, they might be tempted to use Beatnick Dee's service but from what I understand some established producers use his service as well. Cheers..

with the records I have, I could easily do that....he just finds records with hip hop value and sells em. Of course, you're paying a "middleman" markup. Pardon me, but f*** the middleman, I'll find my own records.

See I think this would be good for someone knew to digging and has trouble finding quality records my closest record store is about a hour n 15 min away I'll pay more for gas driving there then if I pages a middleman that prob lives next 2 the shops to get them for me I mean don't get me wrong I'd love to be able to go searching for some shit but gas prices are to high for me to driving like that

Back