iceboy says you should take 2-3 days on a beat because It'll come out better

JAMESRRTT

I actually disagree with this but I wanted to see what you guys think

also, iceboy went to the army for basic training so he wont be back for a while

That's typically how long it takes me. Although from hearing some things here on FP I feel like I don't do it fast enougjh

But personally, I make my beats over 2-3 sessions of about 4 hours each.

First session is getting into the groove, and laying down the basic ideas.

The second session is fine tuning those ideas, and adding all the meat into the beat.

Third (if necessary) is putting the finishing touches (the sprinkles) and mixing/mastering.

Oh...

AND I THOUGHT THIS CAT WAS LIVING OFF HIS BEATS??? WHY IS HE GOING TO THE ARMY?????

Does it matter how long it actually takes if it sounds good? Sometimes the best ideas come quickly....although I understand his points on perfecting it.

lol...that's bullshit.

lol, why even make this a 25 page threadwith me trying to get you to believe me

you'll disagree with me either way troup, lol

he said that he makes beats all day and reads but sometimes he finds himself getting distracted and he wants to learn how to be disciplined

he didnt do It for monetary purposes.... he's only going to 3 month basic training and thats It

Last edited:
I agree you should take your time and perfect the beat as much as possible, but 2-3 days is too long. You shouldn't finalize on the first day though, cause you always discover things you want to change while you listen to it later on. This goes for tracks to.

I agree you should take your time and perfect the beat as much as possible, but 2-3 days is too long. You shouldn't finalize on the first day though, cause you always discover things you want to change while you listen to it later on. This goes for tracks to.

I agree

he said that he makes beats all day and reads but sometimes he finds himself getting distracted and he wants to learn how to be disciplined

he didnt do It for monetary purposes.... he's only going to 3 month basic training and thats It

I'm not doubting you. What I'm doubting is that ANYONE would go into the military because "they want to learn how to not be distracted when they make beats".

And from what I know about the military, it's not a "try before you buy" kinda thing.

This dude has been bullshitting people for a long time.

But he'll be in the army then? It's not like he's going for job manager training for a store in the mall. U join and then you're stationed somewhere, i thought that's how it worked? Also, the military use to be the place where cats who were having trouble getting their stuff together would go.
Anyway i wish him well in his life, but the beat thing will be on pause for a while.

it depends on how much time you wanna spend on one beat. Madlib works sporadically while Dr. Dre is OCD about his stuff, but they both put out hot fiyah like Dy-lan! I like to take it one beat at a time because I like finishing what I start but I do wish sometimes I could work on a bunch of joints at one time

I'm not doubting you. What I'm doubting is that ANYONE would go into the military because "they want to learn how to not be distracted when they make beats".

And from what I know about the military, it's not a "try before you buy" kinda thing.

This dude has been bullshitting people for a long time.
while hes saying all that shit and getting people to talk about him and watch his vids hes raking in money from his youtube partnership.

audacity at its finest lol

I think he is correct basically. Sometimes I have taken a lot longer if you account mixing/arranging/songwriting/doing vox and other instruments, etc. I always let a song sit overnight before I track it. I like to come in in the AM with a clear head and double check stuff anyways.

I can't cosign on this... I usually know within 30 seconds of making a melody if it's going to be a hit or not... if it's not, I trash it...

The ONLY time I'll come back to a song in the next few days is during the mix down... and that's only once every blue moon

Yeah.. usually I get it all knocked out in one session ... composition of the beat, mixing, and bouncing it to a .wav ... but sometimes I just can't get the mix down right so I come back to it the next day ... but that's real rare

Back