I want to make my own sound(what you think?)

When your drums started, you turned down your synth too much, in my opinion. And I think it would sound better if you sped the synth up as the drums start and make a pattern out of it, otherwise it sounds kind of weak and doesn't carry much meaning.

I definitely like the direction that this song is going in. I love the note choices you made. It's very deep and has the potential to be one of the most inspirational songs out there. But this needs a good fix imo. I like the snare but I think there needs to be a solid bass drum kick in this. There's a lot of room in this song that you could add some good kick-drum patterns too. Maybe even add 8th notes for the hi-hat instead of quarter notes like you have it the whole time. I'm a big fan of harmony as well. At 0:48 I don't feel there's a need to turn it down. I also feel like the quiet part would sound better at 0:01. Like I said, this could be a very inspirational song. To me, it just doesn't make sense to get people worked up and then have it quiet, and then back to the normal volume with no harmony added onto it, This is criticism at its finest. I'm just giving my honest opinion. I really think you should consider what I'm saying.

I didn't even listen because you said "your own sound" and the link related it to such an array of commercial artists(from juicy to A$ap to Lil B? WTF?) that I'm sure it's been "heard" before.

An A&R would more than likely do the same simply off the way you describe it. If you just said "it fit's these artists" that would be could, but to put "your own sound" in front of it as a description hurt my ears before listening. :cheers:

I didn't even listen because you said "your own sound" and the link related it to such an array of commercial artists(from juicy to A$ap to Lil B? WTF?) that I'm sure it's been "heard" before.

An A&R would more than likely do the same simply off the way you describe it. If you just said "it fit's these artists" that would be could, but to put "your own sound" in front of it as a description hurt my ears before listening. :cheers:

You're looking way into it. It's possible he named it that because those are names that get looked up a lot on youtube. And if you want your song to be looked at a lot, it's actually a smart tactic imo. Everyone wants their own sound as well. It makes no sense to say, "I wanna be just like lex luger!! I want to sound exactly like him" That's bullshit

^^^Nah, you're not looking into it enough. Find a cat in these threads with half the placements i've had who doesn't agree, and I'll apologize for wasting everyone's time with my post. Til' then, quit thinking everybody else hasn't ran the same idea into the ground. That's not saying I've scratched the surface, that's saying this technique doesn't even clear the atmosphere.

I'm not trying to stop anyone's hustle, i simply tried to enhance it.

Gotta agree. I saw the thread title and was interested in hearing something new. Saw the song title and bounced out. If your goal was to make people think it sounds like stuff a billion other people are making, congrats. Mission accomplished in tricking me into thinking you're generic.

^^^Nah, you're not looking into it enough. Find a cat in these threads with half the placements i've had who doesn't agree, and I'll apologize for wasting everyone's time with my post. Til' then, quit thinking everybody else hasn't ran the same idea into the ground. That's not saying I've scratched the surface, that's saying this technique doesn't even clear the atmosphere.

I'm not trying to stop anyone's hustle, i simply tried to enhance it.

I don't even understand what you're talking about. "that's not saying i've scratched the surface, that's saying this technique doesn't even clear the atmosphere" That doesn't make sense at all. lol. Who cares what the title is? Who cares if he wants to sound original or not. He asked to critique is song. So why not do it? Seems to me like you're just a hater honestly

Presentation is key. For a "hater" I just gave away some fairly sound advice. and maybe you could understand what I was saying if I used the word "enter" in place of "clear".

keeep going

thanks everybody for the feedback. Im just hungry trying to make it in this game i love producing. This wasn't my best work just messing around a lil. For those of you who think I'm taking a bad approach what methods do you suggest? Im trying my best just need a lil help

If I knew the best approach, i'd be in a better place. I know the bad approaches from my own trail and errors. People who listen to new talent for a living hear music from new guys 24/7. They don't want to be oversold on a "sound". It doesn't have to be "original", "new", or "fresh'. You just wanna describe it as what it is and hope it's what the guy listening is looking for. Oversell it and it will more than likely be passed on. You can overhype a track to the point people won't even give it a listen.

Back