I want all new stuff!!! $5,000 Budget! SUGGESTIONS??

Jus Had

Very specifically, I'm an R&B/Rap Songwriter. I need a midi controller, microphone, monitors, preamp, headphones. What do you suggest I purchase...for mics I was looking at the TLM 102 or 103, AKG c414 or a MikTek CV4. Interface, maybe Digi003? I just wanna be able to make songs that sound good when I pitch them to artists and managers.

I'm Sound engineer and doing mixing and mastering, and i'm arranger. From many years. I just completing my site www.ervestmusic.com
I recommended for professional use, Minimum: Neumann M 147-149 microphone. You may search used.
You may use Genelec 1030 - 1031 monitors. (minimum)
Cheap version monitors, M-Audio BX8 D2 monitors, or other bx versions.

Last edited:
Hey man,

for the midi controller look at some stuff from M-Audio axiom line.. The Axiom Pro is a good keyboard. I wouldnt buy the Digi 003 since its a bit dated and who knows how long till avid stops supporting it. What DAW will you be using?

The gear isn't what will make your songs sound good, it's you, however some high quality gear can be a ton of fun to play with and has the potential do some very cool things. If you want to pick up a really solid midi controller that will let you chop samples, program drums to pads, effects to knobs, and all of your sounds to a 2 octave keyboard check out the Akai MPK-25, especially the variant with the MPC pads. For being such a lightweight and compact keyboard you get a tremendous amount out of it, and never any latency or detection problems with any DAW. I've used M-Audio midi's for years, and although great, find they don't always sync up well with some DAW's, as they do others. Akai, on the other hand, has been the king of making sampling equipment since the early days of beat making.

For monitors, if you're doing this at home, just buy a fat set of Rokits and don't look back, my personal opinion however.

Back