I turned my Open Labs Miko into a "supercomputer"

One thing I don't understand is why the **** you bought that Miko when you have a dope i7 setup in front of you. I mean that **** kills every OL Niko or Miko out there.

But I don't know maybe you just have too much money

Not really read my post about my i7, my Miko kills it on production and everything is in one piece when I take it on the road. Take this week for example, I took it over to the DuPont family in Delaware to do a presentation...they went gaga! Now I have a pending deal with then worth six possibly seven figures. I can honestly say my Miko pays for itself weekly and on some days daily. My i7 as I said before does some heavy lifting for me but I could live without that thing, my Miko I'm like Charleton Heston..."Pry it from my cold dead hands..."
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

I owned a custom computer "whitebox"/building company years back that was sold to a Middle East company (Bahrain) for serious money. I have two bachelor degrees and graduate studies in multiple fields. Do your research.

My research concludes that anyone who has to spout off their "credentials" in a debate are either lying, insecure, or both. Either way, you are DEFINITELY a douche-bag.

My research concludes that anyone who has to spout off their "credentials" in a debate are either lying, insecure, or both. Either way, you are DEFINITELY a douche-bag.

Insults are the lowest form of a troll (not an insult research term) on the internet, do your research. I would blow your mind with my full credentials. What are your credentials? I am just giving free advice and information to some of the younger folks. Peace be upon you.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Last edited:
Insults are the lowest form of a troll (not an insult research term) on the internet, do your research. I would blow your mind with my full credentials. What are your credentials? I am just giving free advice and information to some of the younger folks. Peace be upon you.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

So what sort of advice were you giving when you had to point out that you sold your company "for serious money". Do you think anybody gives a **** about that or your multiple degrees? Take your bragging to some high school kids if you need friends that badly. Lying, insecure, DOUCHEBAG!

I own a Open Labs Miko TSE, I do audio and video for a living so I wanted to build a monster and that is what I did:

Bought UAD Duo Quad (All the Neve's) Waves Platinum and API&SSL. SSL Duende (Both Firewire and PCIe). Over 1,000,000 sounds on keyboard.

On the unit I only have 1TB storage (2 stock 500MB drives) But attached I have a 10TB "software based" RAID. I just finished putting in another hardware RAID that is 50TB of storage (video takes up a lot of space)

Via Nvidea CUDA technology I am running some of my graphics programs at 4 teraflop speeds! The public may not see that type of speed for 5-10 years.

So the way my Miko is set up

PCI slot-Wifi wirless card (getting rid of and will connect a USB Wifi)
PCIe 4x slot- The Raid connection card (software based raid)
PCIe 4x slot- UAD Quad Duo (Neve's)
PCIe 16x Slot-Expansion Chassis (Nvidia 4 Teraflop CUDA system, another 50TB raid/hardware based)

Have a firewire SSL Duende connected also (and I own a PCIe Duende)

This runs like a beast...:bat:

So if anybody tells you "it's just a computer and controller with freeware plugs" they have no clue of what they are talking about.

<INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden><INPUT id=gwProxy type=hidden><!--Session data--><INPUT id=jsProxy onclick=jsCall(); type=hidden>

Adding to the Miko is no different to adding to a computer made from the same common components, so when people say "it's just a computer and controller with freeware plugs" that statement is not false just because you decided to add to the computer in your Miko the same way people can expand almost any computer.

The distinction between a consumer computer and the OL product is the case and the controllers mounted to that case. When the computer in the Miko case becomes outdated you can toss it and put in a new one and still call it a Miko.

Last edited:
Adding to the Miko is no different to adding to a computer made from the same common components, so when people say "it's just a computer and controller with freeware plugs" that statement is not false just because you decided to add to the computer in your Miko the same way people can expand almost any computer.

The distinction between a consumer computer and the OL product is the case and the controllers mounted to that case. When the computer in the Miko case becomes outdated you can toss it and put in a new one and still call it a Miko.

I still disagree....educate yourself on topic. The software modifications are the best part of product. Don't believe me call OL tech support and ask yourself...they first fine tune the operating system to a degree I have yet to see in an OEM computer based product. Second they install a unique shell that is proprietary that is geared 100% to what we do (music/media) both live and in studio. I have nothing but respect for those who opinions differ from mine but I am sure there are very few if any people on this board who have been producing longer than me. I just trying to spread around thinking outside, "inside" the box...for some it won't mean anything like a OL product I know.

p.s.
I made enough money (with my Miko) since my last post on this thread to pay for about 8 Miko's...That ($) and productivity is what matters to me, I think it should matter to others on this topic but to some I'm sure it does not.

Last edited:
I still disagree....educate yourself on topic. The software modifications are the best part of product. Don't believe me call OL tech support and ask yourself...they first fine tune the operating system to a degree I have yet to see in an OEM computer based product. Second they install a unique shell that is proprietary that is geared 100% to what we do (music/media) both live and in studio. I have nothing but respect for those who opinions differ from mine but I am sure there are very few if any people on this board who have been producing longer than me. I just trying to spread around thinking outside, "inside" the box...for some it won't mean anything like a OL product I know.

p.s.
I made enough money (with my Miko) since my last post on this thread to pay for about 8 Miko's...That ($) and productivity is what matters to me, I think it should matter to others on this topic but to some I'm sure it does not.
<!--Session data--><!--Session data-->
The ability to fine tune Windows is not exclusive to Open Labs and the OEM computer based products they make and while the default Windows GUI does have resource hogging Fisher Price graphics they can be turned off without the need to install a touch screen friendly shell, but like I was saying the Open Labs gear is defined more by the case and the controllers than the OEM parts they are made from and if you have to move your DAW around then something like the Miko would be an asset not because it is a technically better DAW than a desktop based system but because it has a different design philosophy.

All of y'all can kiss mine arse...I invented the internet...and the nap...and ear wax...

i did'nt understand all of that ish but i enjoyed reading it.

i remember the first computers costing in the thousands of dollars and they did far less then computers now that cost in the hundreds or dollars. and they become obsolete in a few short years.

p.s.

whats good nino, i have a miko myself but have yet to really get into it like i would like to, im going to dm you and maybe we can chop it up a lil i would def love to learn a thing or two from you about the miko

thnka

Now thats a what a true beast is!!!!!!! I can only dream of such creautres LOL hahaha. Good luck dude!

Where exactly can something such as CUDA crossover into processing for audio?

The things you describe don't sound too commercially unattainable, but do you think in the next few years, any of the benefits of these developments will become viable for non-programming consumers?

I am holding back on the I7, do you think it is powerful enough for heavy, heavy audio processing?

I am getting into video, thank you for the heads up on encoding.

I aint got a "Super computer" in my Miko TSE, but I am running an i7 980x with an SSD via Sata 3 and it has more power than i'll ever need to do music imho.

I know real Late to the Party but I just grabbed a Neko xxl at an auction and need a Win 7 image to get it up and running Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Neko XXL.jpg
    Neko XXL.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 0
Back