I Need A LOT Of Help With My New MPD32.............

LdN2

Hi,

First of all let me admit, before it becomes blatantly obvious, that I am a novice when it comes to hardware.

I had a MPC for a while but only learnt the basics and recently decided that I would invest in a MPD32 as I had heard great things.

However, I am having a few HUGE issues with it. I will try and take this step by step......the first issue I need to try and fix is:

SAVING THE COTROLLER MAP/KEY LAYOUT: the issue slowly becoming the BIGGEST pain in all this is the controller map. Basically, I have imported a ton of sounds and matched the pads in each bank to the key in which they play in battery. However, even if I save the controller map and kit sounds, once I turn off battery or the MPD they go back to a random assortment. Meaning I have to re-programme 64 pads every time i switch it on. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??

Appreciate any help,

I haven't used FL in a while (I have Maschine now) but for me the FL+MPD32+Battery combo was great. But you don't have to mess with the MPD "maps" at all. I only use the map feature one time to edit the "FL Preset" so that I could use the PLAY/REC/STOP, in the MPD32 with FL. But never to mess with sounds or samples.

The way I did it was to first open Battery in standalone mode (or as a vst in FL/any other host) and make a grid of 64 sounds (using the A,B,C,D columns or rows, don't remember). I would then make a huge kit filling all the slots.

Then I would name that kit with the samples in my "kits" folder.

Then I just open FL, load Battery as a VST and open my custom kits I just created. The way I did it I could just hit the "bank" button in the MPD and it would change to the next 16 sounds "mpc style".

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
I haven't used FL in a while (I have Maschine now) but for me the FL+MPD32+Battery combo was great. But you don't have to mess with the MPD "maps" at all. I only use the map feature one time to edit the "FL Preset" so that I could use the PLAY/REC/STOP, in the MPD32 with FL. But never to mess with sounds or samples.

The way I did it was to first open Battery in standalone mode (or as a vst in FL/any other host) and make a grid of 64 sounds (using the A,B,C,D columns or rows, don't remember). I would then make a huge kit filling all the slots.

Then I would name that kit with the samples in my "kits" folder.

Then I just open FL, load Battery as a VST and open my custom kits I just created. The way I did it I could just hit the "bank" button in the MPD and it would change to the next 16 sounds "mpc style".

Hope that helps.

This all makes sense......I did something pretty similar actually but maybe I created the grid in battery incorrecty. Basically, there is no grid view 8x8 so I opened a 8x4 and then added extra collums until it was 8x8. Should that have worked??

However, once I have made a 8x8 grid there are a lot of pads on the MPD that play the same note. For instance pad 7 and pad 15 would both play d3 or something so I would have to manually change the note the pad plays on the MPD32.......is that normal??

I think your FIRST issue is the PRESET your chosing as a host inside the MPD.

Try this:

Open your daw then open battery as a vst. Then look (one by one) through all the presets for all different hosts/daws inside your MPD. See which preset will let you play the pads from PAD1 to PAD16 accordingly between Battery and the MPD.

Remember, the way Battery works if you want to make a kit with 16 sounds you have to use the first row (A) and then move -to the right- on the grid until you get to 16. That will be BANK A on your MPD.

988158337.jpg

Bro, I suck at doing tutorials, but I'm doing my best to help you out.

Good luck.

I think your FIRST issue is the PRESET your chosing as a host inside the MPD.

Try this:

Open your daw then open battery as a vst. Then look (one by one) through all the presets for all different hosts/daws inside your MPD. See which preset will let you play the pads from PAD1 to PAD16 accordingly between Battery and the MPD.

Remember, the way Battery works if you want to make a kit with 16 sounds you have to use the first row (A) and then move -to the right- on the grid until you get to 16. That will be BANK A on your MPD.

988158337.jpg

Bro, I suck at doing tutorials, but I'm doing my best to help you out.

Good luck.

Trust me this IS helping......I am away from the MPD right now but when I get home tonight Ill try this. I was definitely not looking at the pad banks as a column going right but as an 8 by 8 grid. Hopefully I can work it out tonight. I let you know how it goes!

Back