i need a friend to help me with composing.

Reezy

Hi, i am a signed EDM producer. i have less knowledge about music theory so sometimes when i write a melody i can not write the right chords that harmonizes the melody and it really slow down my workflow. Please if you want to help me just let me know . we will share midi's on mail when in doubt.
Alos in return if you need music producing help, i am always there!
Thanks.

Hey man I used to be in the same boat: not really knowing how composition works. How to harmonize, make chords, put sounds together, etc. What personally helped me was a book called Dance Music Manual by Rick Snowman. It's got all you need to hit the ground running as a producer. I'd check it out if I were you

Thanks. i have the book. i still get doubts sometimes. you can't learn completely by reading books a friend from other side guiding will be much helpful in short time.

Last edited:
Take what you read and learn from the book and pick up an instrument and practice those ideas and formulas. Using a keyboard is good because it's visually simple and allows you to identify patterns and relationships in the music, even if it's subconscious. Applying the (sometimes intimidating) ideas of theory as a beginner, this really helps everything come together and make sense. This isn't really something that a buddy can inject into you. I mean, they can provide some initial direction, but then they're going to leave you with the days lesson and expect you to practice. Good luck man, you can do it, it just takes work.

If you have specific questions, stop by here and these guys will help you out, I'm sure.

Last edited:
Thanks man. i will follow our suggestions. i have a question though. but can't explain in words man i need to show somebody the midi piece then explain things what goes wrong so i can get straight answers. it's not possible by discussion

Please help me harmonising chords to this melody

i Wrote This melody is in G Major. How am i gonna supposed to write chords that harmonises it? how about this? G major>d major>b minor>G major

Attachments

• Screenshot (241).png
    Screenshot (241).png
    206 KB · Views: 29
Hey Reezy,

Couple of notes:
1) Chords are always written in CAPITAL letters. Aminor, Bmajor, etc. Uncaptialized letters are notes (C major is c-e-g, etc).
2) On your melody: You know you've written a melody in Gmajor. Gmajor has the following 6 chords: G, Am, Bm, C, D, Em
(forget about the diminished F# for now). You can use all of these chords under your melody (as long as you don't use avoid
notes
or violate the Low Interval Limits). On my blog, you can find 143 chord progressions that you could use (the banner on
the right).

Hope this helps, :)
Friedemann

Back