I have on Idea

Everythiing

Hi,

I am a total noob.I know nothing I already tried to research but theres too much information and I simply do not understand anything.Right now I have a 300 dollar yamaha keyboard and a macbook.What do I need next to make music?Or where can I find out,I simply can not find anything,so where can I learn?And as I am only 15 years old I can not afford many things...I just want to know what I need to have to do music that is used like in Drake songs the Weeknd songs Bryson tiller songs etc.Just some dope music I do not intend to make something like edm or house music or what ever...Just awesome music hope somebody gets me...And if youre pissed of in anyway because of my post go head and tell me I feel more humble right now than I felt when I started playing guitar...

for recording the keyboard, a DAW (digital audio workstation) like protools is helpful. You can use any DAW however. I recommend FL for making beat patterns, because its beat "step sequencer" is very intuitive and easy to use. You can completely compose through the DAW program without any live recording but if you wanna record, other programs are more useful. Within the program there's something called a "mixer" you have to really understand. This is where you blend all of your instruments into a wholesome piece of music. You set the volume and panning levels in the mixer. You can also assign independent effects to individual instruments from the mixer.
...There is a lot to learn but you'll get there!

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

And welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing your music.

Last edited:
Back