I have a mpc 2000; would it be pointless to get an mpc 4000 for sampling?

G

gnr2206

Or should i get the asr 10?

Also; what are the newer workstations like for sampling

y not sample on the 2000? it has a sampler built in. i think if u upgrade to the 4000 it should be for the extra overll features.

IMHO... I'd go for the ASR-10 since it has keys. But... it's a bit of learning curve since you are dealing with a 16 -18 year old sampler technology. I love mine! :)

I'd only get the 4000 if it where in great condition, extremely cheap and you just can't resist passing up a good buy.

IMHO... I'd go for the ASR-10 since it has keys. But... it's a bit of learning curve since you are dealing with a 16 -18 year old sampler technology. I love mine! :)

I'd only get the 4000 if it where in great condition, extremely cheap and you just can't resist passing up a good buy.

how hard is it to get decent strings synths etc cause you can create the loop at the end of the sample to extend the length of it

should i get somthing else that samples and does sounds aswell

the 4000 is dope, I used a 2kxl..I was taught how to use one at like 13..but if i ever get another mpc itll be a 4000. It has pretty much everything you need in a sequencer.

if you just using it to sample, itll be pointless, just use the 2k as a sampler

the 4000 is dope, I used a 2kxl..I was taught how to use one at like 13..but if i ever get another mpc itll be a 4000. It has pretty much everything you need in a sequencer.

if you just using it to sample, itll be pointless, just use the 2k as a sampler

why what can the akai mpc 4k do?

the 4000 was my favorite MPC that I ever used, but you have to know why you are getting that joint. If all you are doing is sampling from records, you really dont need the 4k cause you wont use most of the features in the 4k. I loved the 4k because I had several multi timbral racks and keyboards hooked up to it and I was also loading vintage key libraries into the sampler and using it as a multisampler. I also loved how you could stack midi synths on the 4k, so I could play a bassline that contained a Motif ES sound and an SE-1 sound at the bottom. Sample layering on the 4k was also much better than the 2k/2kxl, because you could stack up to 4 sounds on each pad and really play with the sounds. I loved being able to stick an audio CD into the 4k and sample directly from the CD drive internally. I loved the fact that the 4k had the ADAT output expansion so that I could send 8 channels of audio from the 4k into Pro Tools via lightpipe. Made tracking things out much better. You really have to understand what you expect to get out of the 4k.

If you just want to sample, why don't you get a uh rackmount sampler? Look up the E-mu samplers or the Akai samplers. Theres also some from Roland and Yamaha but i'd stick to the Akai or E-mu.

The price of rackmount samplers are dirt cheap these days, no need for a 4000 if your just using it to sample.

Back