I have a KP3/turntable QUESTION. PLEASE HELP!!

woodsonh09

So i have been spinning for about a year now, cut and dry no FX. One of my buddies was selling all his gear and gave me his Kaoss Pad 3. Now i have seen youtube videos and other videos of people using their KP3 to provide FX for the tracks spinning on the turntables. Now my set up is basic and i think its a little too basic or i shouldve been able to figure this out on my own.

-I am running serato on two turntables (actually using one and a running the left deck on internal mode.)
-I have a Denon DN-x120 battle mixer and a KP3.

What i am having trouble with is how to apply the FX that are on the KP3 to the tracks i am spinning. My mixer is basic and has to channels and a line for a mic. I have tried putting the KP3 in between the turntables and the Serato box but that only allows me to use the FX on one table and i cannot ever turn the FX off, its like they are always effecting that table. So do i need to upgrade my mixer, do i need a mixer with more channels or some sort of send and receive channel??

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!

So do i need to upgrade my mixer, do i need a mixer with more channels or some sort of send and receive channel??

Correct, you need a mixer with a send and receive option. Rane mixers have the best send/receive circuity.

Back