I find Hiphop so boring I have started to rejoice into classics

iambase

@30thJune1986
I am a huge listener of southern ignorant music usually...
But recently, I have undergone a kind of musical drought.. to the point of going trhough datpiff stuff unsuccessfully trying to find dope stuff.

My ears are begging for something new and I think I have actually find it in the classic emcees, quite surprisingly. It's new to me as I was never into it before. Pretty weird ? Maybe. I have always liked the southern type of productions before. Or Badboy's ones à la Biggie smallz. But not much that Tribe, Mos Def, Common vibe.

Actually never was soo much onto the jdilla either (although Busta Rhymes was my number one artist back in the day). I am not a connaisseur of hiphop. I just like music.

Anyway, seems like listening to some Mos Def is currently satisfying my current needs for music.

What are you guys listening to these days ?

the remix below is so good

Last edited:
Been on an Ice Cube marathon all week.

Other than that......same old school shit I been on since it was new school.

Last edited:
I been listening to alotta Kutt Calhoun and his new style flow.. I mean, he stepped his game UP!!

Here is the whole album, im chillin to this tonight!! I'm old school like atari.. If you click the video, the first song is cool, i know yall aint gonna listen to the wholedamn video of the album, but the first song is cool so check it out! feat. Krizz, KILLIN' The HooK!!

RAW ALBUM!!! SHIT BANGS!!

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

Same Lable.. Strange Music!

Real Lyricks, like it pose to be.. and this is 2013, gives me hope!! "Your lyricks are straight recyled no wonder why yo shit BORES ME" <-- thats what you was saying lol

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

Same Lable.. Brotha Lynch feat. Yellawolf.. lynch is old school shit , sold Millions throughout his carrer.. Tech swooped em up.. its differnt.. I like it!

---------- Post added at 11:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

I hate to stack videos, but if you played the ces cru video, check this one out!!!
Sounds straight out the 90's.. with todays sonic clarity!!

Last edited:
love southern music. love trap music....

but strangely enough....I think im burnt out on it too. I still throw on OLD jeezy, and OLD gucci.....and OLD wayne.....and stuff like that...but honestly lately I havent been listening to hardly ANY music period.....I just see through a lot of bullshit lol and idk how to really explain it but....I think modern rap is stupid!

Yeah a lot of it is hyped up, a lot of it is catchy and good music/beats or whatever you know quality and all that....but it's like damn...people take these rappers SO SERIOUSLY....and they worship them....and these guys just talk about the same stuff over and over and got people really believing they do the stuff they talk about, so they go out and do it!

I'm not hating on anyone...I mean you see what I said love southern rap and love a lot of artists a lot of people hate...I still of course like the music I've just kinda been like, "damn show me some real fire" lately!

Last edited:

but strangely enough....I think im burnt out on it too. I still throw on OLD jeezy, and OLD gucci.....and OLD wayne.....and stuff like that...but honestly lately I havent been listening to hardly ANY music period.....I just see through a lot of bullshit lol and idk how to really explain it but....I think modern rap is stupid!

Yeah a lot of it is hyped up, a lot of it is catchy and good music/beats or whatever you know quality and all that....but it's like damn...people take these rappers SO SERIOUSLY....and they worship them....and these guys just talk about the same stuff over and over and got people really believing they do the stuff they talk about, so they go out and do it!

I'm not hating on anyone...I mean you see what I said love southern rap and love a lot of artists a lot of people hate...I still of course like the music I've just kinda been like, "damn show me some real fire" lately!
i feel the same even gucci seem lazy now on tracks. You should check out don trip dude hes got that real hunger in his raps young dolph also remind me of a younger gucci man with the ignorant ass lyrics lol

lol I've been feeling the same way lately, I'm burnt out on all this "trap" era to the point where I've even stopped making trap beats....but lately I've been listening to alot of old shit like Nate Dogg, Three Six Mafia, UGK, Andre 3000, etc. I just get tired of listening to the same ol same ol sometimes.

Believe it or not there used to be a time when I only enjoyed listening to local dude's music who passed out their CDs for $3 to $5. Then it all started sounding the same. Same ole Dipset type shit....who would've ever thunk that? Dudes in the A........same samples, different beats. That got damn fruity loop life man. IDK....maybe FL came equipped with those samples upon download or something. lmao! It got crazy....to a point where I notice the same damn sample on every CD.

Top 5 samples on the average nobody's $5 album for sale.

The shit became funny because I know how dudes be thinking. The one thing those beats had in common was a the intro having a regular moment of the sample and shit....then next thing you know...HERE COME THE CHOPS AND THE DRUMS LOUD AS FUUCK!!!!! Vocals in the sample screaming worse than scratching a chalkboard and shit. But the intro was sounding smooth and so promising. Nobody saying a word during the intro, just let the sample play for 30 seconds. Then...BOOOOOOOOM...... chipmunks......triple snare......quadruple kick.......hats jumpin around like they tip toeing in the beat at a fast pace. "Tickitytickitytickity"..... only differents in the beats were the way the samples were chopped. Same hats though....."tickitytickitytickity". Rapper rappin in his bathroom and shit.....sounding like a ghost haunting me and shit. Rapper talking about ending careers sounding like

over a soul sample chopped up to pandemonium!

This foo ran straight to the ring! Gotta love it!

Last edited:
Back