I dropped a beat tape, did a contest and found this kid!

Charli Brown

what up fp! I recently dropped a beat tape on datpiff called unreleased instrumentals. It did pretty good, made the hot this week/ top5 & all.. that's big for me. As a way to give back a little and connect with new artist.. I did a contest for exclusive rights to a custom beat. The rules were.. they had to record to one of the tracks on the beat tape and submit. After a week of reviewing submissions I finally found someone I could see myself working with more. Mind you I did not do this contest to gain followers or as a marketing strategy. I just wanted to help someone. I get a joy out of that shitt I don't know why. I could tell from the stuff this kid writes that he's overcome some willd shiit and he speaks from the heart. There were submissions from artist who were suuuper dope and the songs were waaay more marketable.. but the feeelin wasn't as REAL. anyway this is the kid and the song Im talking about. Just wanted to share with yall and maybe get some feedback. Pheynix - Apsis (prod by charli brown) and you can peep the beat tape HERE

Back