I Don't Know If I Should Keep Producing

20yrs??? my god. did you at anytime want to be world renowned? i've only been at this for five years now and continue to keep trying to land that major break. are those real claps in this track? can't get over them. lol
Yeah, sure I wanted to be famous at one stage... And was pretty well known in my scene/city. I ended up doing movies and radio though professionally, and was pretty good at it (if I say so myself). Drugs are always an issue in this industry though, and if you're anything like me you gotta be pretty careful. I got kids now, and my old life was just waaay crazy and doesn't fit my new one.
Breaks are just that, and after the moment... Well. A dedicated life as a musician is often a lonely and f*cked up one.

Dunno about the claps. Think they sound pretty real (maybe layered and offset a bit), I forget, got a nice big hall verb on em which opens up the whole track though. PSP Easyverb is great for these chambers/halls.

Last edited:
I never understand why people on here make music production sound like a race or competition... If you like what you are doing then keep doing it! We all doubt ourselves from time to time. You can't please everybody.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

The question is not "do I quit?" but "do I like making music?"... I've been making music for 20 years and I'm still not world famous! lol.
It's a pure pleasure thing for me. Even if no one ever heard my tunes I would still keep making them. Some years I make shit tunes, some years I make awesome tunes... some times I struggle for months just to turn out 1 track. Other times I can lay down a wicked track in a day.
It's not about everyone else, we can't tell you... The answer is inside you, you already know.

Im the same way too, and i agree with your advice completely! Well said! :victory:

Back