I do not understand vocoders.

KonKossKang

Ozagas
So when i put vocodex on a sound it works thats not the issue but i do not understand the vocoder.Is it only to be used by itself indefinately or would it work if i made some effect with zebra then tried to mix the synth i made with the sample?

Now this is something completely new to me as ive never attempted this before because i literally just thought about this.Anybody here know if you can actually mash the synths you make with the sampled voices?ive heard of a group called daft punk who does a version of it but thats not what im going for that's a talkbox.

the mouth is also one but those sound the same, ive never heard a vocoder that did stuff like water or monk hums mixed in with the person's stuff it's always that robot style vocal.

Because the vocoder was originally an analog device that let you control the synth sound with the inflection/formant of the voice. So the sound was the synth/keyboard, the envelope was the voice, thus, a "talking synth," or a "synth-singing voice." It's not just an equal mix of the two, it's a real blending. The talk-box sounds similar, but operates much differently.

I'm not familiar with the plugs you're talking about, but I'm sure there's a way to do what you want nowadays...

GJ

I became curious about this so i waddled through alot of the plugins in fl and reason.It seems like it is pretty much possible without a vocoder.
You could edit voices with flowstone, scream4, kong etc zebrify fruity flanger alligator i can not believe i was wondering about something i already knew about -_- shit.

basically it's the same process but some plugins were closer to the description like the talkbox and zebrify since these were almost the full vst version of themselves.

Back