I am proud

b onix

FP Warrior
After being too careless with my mpc 1000's lcd it stopped working. So after trying to reclamp the ribbon cable down onto the pins of the lcd I ended up breaking 2 of the pins. Then it wouldnt even turn on. So I took some time and thought about selling it for parts to mpc stuff or buy a new lcd. But I also had the option to split apart the ribbon cable strand by strand and solder each piece back to the board and hope that it worked. So I tried it and it worked. I was in a good mood. Yesterday I was pissed. And that's my blog for today. Thanks for reading.

wtf could you be doing to an lcd screen?

giving it the custom tilt screen? i saw someone did that on the mpc forum....anyway glad ya got it workin.

Oh i love it when that happens, i had to do that with a whole bunch of kenwood stereos, its time consuming though, but boy does it feel good when you fix something that expensive!!

Very inspirational!!! I'm gonna go reopen my 1000 and try to repair the bent pins inside of my CF card slot instead of dropping the $150 for the new part!!! Wish me luck...

---------- Post added 12-31-2010 at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was 11-30-2007 at 02:26 PM ----------

Man I shoulda provided an update on this a long time ago... haha. I bent the pins back in place with a bobby pin and fixed the problem!! 3 years later, it STILL works like new. No pad issues yet either. We'll see what happens now that I just jinxed myself. =/

Back