Hypersonic, Battery, or Sampletank???

Which one would you go with?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

rando

Yo I picked up FL 6 at the start of december and since then, I've got used to sample and vst hunting, but that can sometimes be tiring and time consuming and I think I have downloaded every free kit and vst possible lol, and outta all those vst's, I prolly just like 5 of them lol...kits been alright, but I was thinking what should I actually buy with a thousands of sounds for around $100, I know the popular ones are hypersonic, battery, and sampletank, could I get some opnioons on those please?? oh yeah I have to have to have one that's compatible with windows 2000 or ME. (one part of my PC says ME, the other says windows 2000 pofessional lol)

I use FL 6 btw......

I know that there are plenty of threads on this one.... but honestly since i own all of them i'll shed some light imo -

It all depends on what your really trying to do with it.

Hypersonic 2 (atleast to me) has the most Hip-Hop sounds (stuff you would find in a good keyboard) and good over-all but is more for the composer.

Sampletank 2 xl has the most Real sounds/instruments (real piano's/violins/flutes/drums etc.)

And battery 2 or 3 is more for drums and/or if you prefer to sample. (and if you have a lot of your own sounds - although i believe it does come with sounds i've never really used them too much i just load my own drums in it)

So as you can see each one is different. it all depends on what your trying to do.

if you create (compose) your own stuff (without samples) i would suggest hypersonic 2.

If you do the above but prefer more real instrument sounds then go for Sampletank 2.

And if you sample (although i would recomend you having a midi pad of some sort to go along.) then i would go with Battery 2 or 3....
(but you can use FLStudio for most of what you can do with battery (unless your really into sampling)

again all this is just my Opinion i would search this forum some more there's plenty of info on all three of these great products.:cool:

Okay thanks do you think hypersonic comes closer to sampletank or battery?, I'm kinda leanin towards sampletank, cause at the moment, I like composing more than sampling

Hypersonic and Sampletank are direct competitors, but Battery is just a drum machine with a bunch of included drumkits. So between Sampletank and Hypersonic, I'd say that they're both a mixed bag of both good and crap quality stuff. I think that for realistic instruments, Sampletank is better. For Synthy stuff and Organs in particular, Hypersonic is best. For flexibility, Hypersonic is way beyond anything else. Hypersonic is also able to load patches of any size instantly while Sampletank pretty much freezes up when trying to load large instruments. Hypersonic doesn't break your workflow like Sampletank does. Hypersonic is also great for layering sounds and has a better interface than Sampletank.

I would suggest Battery if you are just looking for decent drum samples and maybe pick up a couple different synths to take care of the rest. Depends on your budget really though. You could try to get by with some free VST synths for a while and see how they work out for you.

Last edited:
I currently use Hypersonic 2, and I have tried out Sample Tank, but personally I think Hypersonic 2 is a whole lot more easier to use, but thats just my opinion.

I have only had experience with sampletank but it sounded real nice and realistic and has a wide variety of everyhting

Hypersonic 2 all the way. It's so killer. Next trilogy. I could make tracks with just those two all day.

this is not really from personal expirience but from what i've heard and seen from these.

Battery - it's mainly for triggering drums, audio, and editing the stuff loaded. it didn't really seem necessary to me.

Hypersonic - sounded good and i've heard great things about the sounds on it. this is good for synths. i've heard Sonik Synth is pretty good too.

Sampletank - heard good things about this too. you should get this instead of Hypersonic/Sonik if you want more real sound instruments

I've heard Trilogy is a pretty sick bass vst. I'm thinking of checking it out to see if it's really the hot, i've heard some pretty nice bass from it.

Morning_Star said:
Hypersonic 2 all the way. It's so killer. Next trilogy. I could make tracks with just those two all day.

:cheers: hell yea! i wouldnt know what i'd do without those 2.

hypersonic2 is very good, like everybody already mentioned, one thing that hasnt been mentioned about sampletank though, i feel, compared to any other vsti that ive used, you can pick any sound in sampletank and tweak it sooo many ways, especially with the stretch function, the tweaking in sampletank is AMAZING, imo....yes la stone is right, the load time sometimes its brutal, especially if you have a crappy cpu, it has never froze up on me though

If you already have reason(i think I remeber you having it)I'd recommend learning to rewire reason with FL. Reason has the sounds of all the above plus more. If you don't have reason, I'd say Hypersonic is the equivalent to a keyboard rompler(Triton, Motif, Fantom, ect.)But again, I feel reason does a better job.

Battery won't be used muich if you already make your drums in FL, but it does come with 2 DVDs of drum samples.

Sampletank is just a sampler. Just like Reason's NNXT, Halion, Mach Five, or Kontakt(which I'd recommend over sampletank).

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
If you already have reason(i think I remeber you having it)I'd recommend learning to rewire reason with FL. Reason has the sounds of all the above plus more. If you don't have reason, I'd say Hypersonic is the equivalent to a keyboard rompler(Triton, Motif, Fantom, ect.)But again, I feel reason does a better job.

Hypersonic is not the equivalent of a Motif, Triton or Fantom. Not in it's wildest dreams. It has the same "kind" of patches, but so do a whole bunch of soundfonts. Quality is where they differ. Don't buy Hypersonic thinking that you have the same thing as having a Motif. I have both.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Sampletank is just a sampler. Just like Reason's NNXT, Halion, Mach Five, or Kontakt(which I'd recommend over sampletank).

Sampletank is a soft module just like Hypersonic and has none of the capabilities of Kontakt, NN-XT, Halion, Mach Five etc.

That's funny. Especially when anyone who has an ounce of sound development knowlege can tell you an .stw file is nothing more than packed wav files and can be opened in EXS, Mach Five, Halion, or Kontakt and even packed into an NNXT refill. FACT.

Note the name "sample" tank.

Keep thinking you know everything. It's cute.

Or did you mean that it doesn't have the ability to load sounds that aren';t it's format which would be the reason for me recommending Kontakt over it?

Last edited:
Wiz a good professional sequencer, like Samplitude 8 and wiz good VST packs like Waves or Magix pack. Wiz a right hands you can make fantastic "fat" sounds use Hyp or Sampletank. It will be not much bad then Motif or Fantom. But it's longer and u must have some kind of experience in sound design and engenering. And pro producers do it.

One issue with Hypersonic is that its future is uncertain.

Even though it has Steinberg's name on it, another company actually created it, and that company has been gobbled up by Digidesign. It's not clear to me what parts of Hypersonic that Steinberg owns and what further development they will be able to do on it.

Plus I'm currently using an Intel MAC and the version of Hypersonic available for that platform still needs some work.

cycloptic

"Originally Posted by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup

Sampletank is just a sampler. Just like Reason's NNXT, Halion, Mach Five, or Kontakt(which I'd recommend over sampletank). Note the name "sample" tank."

LOL. Oooooooh. That's right. My bad. When I saw the word "sample" in the name "sample-tank", I should have figured that it was the same as Kontakt. Boy do I feel stupid now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back