hows my mix RnB track

beatbustaent

whats up just finished this track wanted to know what you think of the mix any pointers will be appreciated thanks i produced the beat recorded the vocals and mixed it

It is a quite heavy kind of r&b, but not dead heavy, because you have skillfully reduced weight in the low end. It is a bit distorted in the high end, possibly in part due to the SoundCloud processing. I would say it has several modern r&b elements that in themselves work. I think that when combined the mix is slightly lacking in impact. But the sound works in several ways and I think that if you would re-arrange some of this product and maybe bring in some electric guitars, maybe some bass guitar slapping here and there, maybe some additional pads, then I think that it would have the impact I am looking for. Don't get me wrong though, you have made it to a certain level with this, as you can see on the play to likes stats, it's just that this current version is probably not going to pop/hit due to a few dragging factors like the ones I mentioned. Cool art work though.

Here are some guiding production principles.

- Value not only sound in production, but also silence
- Mix balance and rhythm are hand in hand, pay close attention to the way you move and how much you move, because it tells you what kind of mix balance you have
- A too slow tempo, can make a song a bit hard to listen to in certain contexts
- Building up the mix causes more plays, ensure the intro is super exciting
- Sound sample quality is key, you can always improve in that area

Last edited:
Back