How you guys do remixes

Justindai

guys i wanna know how you make remixes of songs..im using FL Studio 11
the scaler, the repeat effect like tiesto's all of me remix and everything just dont understand how it works..tried using guitar chords but the sound doesnt sound near..plz help #desperate

Last edited:
You take a part of any track that you can identify, like the lead melody or vocals, put it in your daw and make your own song out of it. For proper remixing you should have a few of the original parts at your disposal, not necessarily recreate them by yourself.

And if you do try to recreate the melodies and chords yourself.. Well then you need to know, ask, guess or look it up online if somebody transcribed it already.

Either way you need permission to remix a track, so if you get permission to do so I'm sure you could get a remix pack including midi files and some samples from the artist in question.

Last edited:
There are a few different ways to make remixes. One is with an acapella and the other is a bootleg type of remix most commonly found in edm.

With an acapella, you first want to find the tempo and key of the tune you wanna remix (if it's a rap song with no singing finding the key isn't too important)> Then once you have discovered that information, you can use that to build your instrumentation around the acapella and rearrange how ever you choose. Here is an example:

With a bootleg remix (one where you use the original song, background instrumentation and all), you still want to find the key and tempo of the song. The main difference is that you also want to know how to EQ so you can add your own instrumentation to the existing track (like removing the original bassline to add your own). Here is an example:

I know this is fairly brief but I hope this helps!

Theres a melody analyser in ableton which is pretty good for picking up song riffs and chords - I'm assuming FL has something similar. I usually start on that if i can't sample the audio directly without the unwanted layers on top.

Last edited:
Back