How would you explain beat jacking/biting to a newbie?

ego killer

alright so this dude i'm trying to bring up cut a portion of the song "pcp ward," by leak bros looped it, banged on the keys a couple times, and put basketball quotes from youtube on top. now he's putting his name on it saying he produced it. this shit took him 20 minutes tops. the real producer probably stayed up all night at least doing that track. it's ****ing disgraceful. i need to explain to him the concept of beat jacking, how taking a track that's not hip-hop and chopping or even looping and making it hip hop is different than taking a beat, adding no drums nothing and putting espn on top is BULL**** THAT HE SHOULD GET A WHUPPING FOR. he's my friend which is why i didn't slap the taste out his mouth myself but i think he genuinely doesn't understand this is a ****ing disgrace.

Last edited:
that's def not sampling, taking another hip-hop song and putting basketball quotes over it

tell him what you told us

It's too late. Biting is in full effect. Time to leave hip hop and do soul/jazz/funk music.

Biting beats? IDK....can't speak on it. Biting rhymes? FINISH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Sad though.....all of these punchlines in one song........that's enough to make 5 album's worth of choruses.....but hey...people got to think of as many slick punchlines as they can........they are going to run out of stuff to say and start saying some real dumb shit just so somebody don't say "hey.......wait a minute.....little wayne said that on his C5 man.........biter." Now rappers punchlines will be half a verse explaining the punchline just so it's known they didn't bite. THen people will bite doing that.

Shit is crazy. I give up........done with hip hop.

Last edited:
Back