How were some old game music produced and how were the sounds built or found?

Feox

Hey guys. I have been on FL Studio 20 for 2 years to do various things and especially in EDM/Remake video game music/original production and I was wondering how in video game music are composed at the level of the sound architecture of music like "Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games DS - Polastraits" or "Super Mario Galaxy - Space Junk Galaxy" because I love this kind of sounds and this kind of musical emotion. For example, for the music Space Junk Galaxy, it looks like the sound of pad/galactic pluck that we hear sounds coming from the synth Harmor but at the same time not so much it looks (for me) very vaguely like the sounds that we can find with this synth (even if I don’t know him at my fingertips). As for music like "Polastraits," I have no idea where all these drums, these sounds of pads that come in chords and this Lead a little fake violin were found or even how all this was mixed so that we hear that the sound is compressed slightly with a quality that is not at the top but that is precisely what makes the charm of the prod for me, it is this average quality :). The only thing I know from a reliable source for the song "Polastraits" is that the bass of the song looks like EDM bass that can be found in Serum or Sylenth1 but for the rest, I don’t know anything at all and that’s why I’m here asking for detailed help, it is to know how this kind of music of very specific Video Games were composed. Good evening to you all ^^.

Back