how to work with other producers around my area?

MessiahMarco

hey im from NYC and i want to work with other producers around this area. when i say work i really mean just chill with them and learn from them. the reason why i want to do this is because i think i can learn as much possible from other producers. im only 17 but i want to learn so much. i want to be like a sponge and just absorb as much things from other producers. my problem is i dont know any other producers around my area. i also dont know how to contact or find other producers around my area that will be willing to help and teach me things. i really want to do this because im taking producing very serious. right now its just a hobby but i want to take it to the next level and i think im ready. anyways thanks for your help i really appreciate it.

From my experience, in order for someone to want to mentor you and let you shadow them while they work you would need to be some sort of benefit to them; Even if it's as small as bringing water to a session or helping them set-up. Or you could get lucky and just find someone who wants to teach everything they know to someone that knows very little. This is all dependent on the situation and the person you're trying to work with. My best advice would be to watch as many tutorials and read up on as many sites/forums and learn as much as you can before your opportunity comes knocking. That way once you find someone who wants to work with you, you guys will be beneficial to each other opposed to that person only being a benefit to you. Good Luck.

Back