How to use a fantom and motif rack together

D major

Gonna be selling my m50 just because I think the motif has better synths and that's what I like.My mane concern is how can I actually save any kind of sequences if I was to use half of the instruments on the fantom and half on the motif.I wasn't to sure if just miding the fantom keyboard to the motif rack and just running the motifs quarter inches in the fantoms record inputs and just record the sounds as samples but I think that would take up to much memory.So what is the best way of sequenceing both fantom and motif together and saving the sounds to be loaded again for future tracking out?

use midi to control the motif rack. change the motif patches from the fantom using a feature called Program or Tone changes. It should be something like that. It basically changes the sounds via midi. Then when you save the beat on the fantom it saves the data that is being sent to the motif. Very simple

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

and you dont need to route the motif audio outs into the fantom at all. just go directly to a mixer or your audio interface whichever you prefer

So if I save the beat on the fantom will the other instruments on the motif be saved also or do I have to do it manually on the motif?Again were would I go on the fantom to sequence the motif?

Yes pretty much. You aint savin the motif info on the fantom though just the midi notes and the midi info that tells the motif what sounds to play. I am not sure how to do it on the fantom or the motif but every hardware module has had this feature since the late 80s i dont see why those would be different

Do you own a motif xs rack if so maybe you can help me out on my choice wether to buy the motif rack or alot of vst's.I already have the fantom so I dint know if the motif will do me justice because I already have pianos,strings,brass not as good as motif but I still got them.But I know there are alot of producers who have a rack full of toy like proteus,motif and others when they have half the similar sounds.

Back