How to turn vocals into MIDI with FL Studio

Villainaire

Basically what I'm trying to do is hum or sing into the mic & turn it into MIDI data. Obviously my pitch isn't going to be perfect. What's the best program for this? I haven't tried it yet because I'm not buying a mic until tomorrow, but I'm mainly purchasing it just for this reason.

I was thinking purchasing either autotune or melodyne might help, but I'm not trying to buy them both. I just wanna know which one could help do the job most efficiently.

Thanks

Celemonys Melodyne Studio... antares autotune, i dont know which one is better as i have never done any vocal recording. but i think antares is what t-pain uses, so must be good quality.

Celemonys Melodyne Studio... antares autotune, i dont know which one is better as i have never done any vocal recording. but i think antares is what t-pain uses, so must be good quality.

Lemme be more specific... I'm looking to turn my vocals into MIDI so I can replace my vocals with an instrument. Therefore, I'll be creating the melody with my mouth.

use melodyne, it can convert any recording you make into a midi. otherwise try play along to your singin on a keyboard and record it

Audio and MIDI are two different things. You can't really turn audio into "midi"... midi is just the computer recording how hard you trigger a sound and for how long you hold the note. You also use midi to control automation knobs.
I think understand what you want to do... you just might have to use different terminology for someone to help out w/ this.

It sounds like you want to do one of two things. Either 1) sample your voice and play it at different pitches or 2) just figure out what pitch your voice is at and play the instrument as such.

If you don't want to do one of those.. i'm not comprehending what you're trying to do.

Audio and MIDI are two different things. You can't really turn audio into "midi"... midi is just the computer recording how hard you trigger a sound and for how long you hold the note. You also use midi to control automation knobs.
I think understand what you want to do... you just might have to use different terminology for someone to help out w/ this.

It sounds like you want to do one of two things. Either 1) sample your voice and play it at different pitches or 2) just figure out what pitch your voice is at and play the instrument as such.

If you don't want to do one of those.. i'm not comprehending what you're trying to do.

Yes, you can convert audio to MIDI with FL studio and/or Melodyne. I'm looking to do it more efficiently though. I think I've found the fix I'm looking for with autotune though. I'll let you guys know how it works out after I finish an entire track with it.

this thread is a bit old... ^^ But Did you get it to work in the meantime :-)

I have done some google search and found
-WIDI
-Interscore

Both do exactly what you wanted, i have tried Widi 3 ( Widi 4 seems to be better ?! i dont know) You specify your audio or drums or vocals file (even whole mp3 song) select some 'presets' and the magic works... but not 100% you have to edit the midi in the built in editor..

But im interested in the Autotune method: I can use autotune or Autotune EVO in Graphical mode to 'track pitch' then 'make curve' -> works perfect, score is there... I would need to manually enter each note i see into another piano roll... :-S

-> BUT HOW CAN I USE It AS MIDI OUTPUT OR EXPORT IT??? Did you find it out???

Edison in FL Studio does this. But not as good as I would like it to. I was actually about to create a thread on it. When you put audio in FL and go to convert to score and piano roll dump, it pulls the score but is very awkward with it. I still cant make sense of how it works except it uses the frequencies described in the wave and try to recreate notes via that but its very....... awkward.
It would be great to use melodies of other songs in Edison to pull out the midi notes instead of hunting for the keys but then i guess it would make things too easy and possibilities infinite.

A less-known kinda old VST is Midifier, mind you I found it a few years back. You load it as an effect on the track of your vocals and it exports it as a midi file. You can then load your midi in FL and fix any errors in the melody. Hope it helps :)

Back