How to track out motif audio in maschine standalone?

dmajor100

I hate working with maschine in logic cause of latency so im,looking, to work in standalone with my motif. Ive never seen video of tracking in like a mpc in standalone espically with audio from a hardware synth. I would like some help on this very much.

Last edited:
setup an input module on a pad so you can hear your motif, sequence it with a midi out module, when you have what you like, go to another pad, set it to sample the input, and set it for sync recording so that it will sample however long your pattern is.

Maschine made me go buy hardware again specifically because of the way you can quickly resample external gear with it

Okay so that sync sample just samples the front and end of your audio perfectly right? And will i be having a issue with once i sample the audio on a pad will the audio keep playing til its finished when i hit stop? I had this issue when i imported audio from a plug in to another pad the audio kept playing shen i just wanted it to stop. Would i have o change thr pad to one shot or something?

when using sync sample you would click the start button while your beat is playing, say at the end of the last bar, it will start recording at the beginning of the first bar for however long you have it set, say 4 bars.

then you have that entire part on your pad from the motif, I usually put these samples on adsr instead of oneshot so that they don't play the whole thing when I stop the sequencer, etc.

Once I do that, I just draw a single note as long as the pattern should be (4 bars for example) and my part is there

It's really quick, I do it often and it takes no time at all. The main reason I got back into hardware devices was because of the workflow Maschine allowed with them

Tried it out but something seemed wrong
Playes a piano part on group a on pad one and went to group c to samoke the piano to pad one. I set up internal and sampled but it only sampke my internal drums and i wanna sample the motif. So i gueas it would have to be external input then,but this method seems even longer than regular tracking on a mpc. I would have to play all my patterns and then resample on each pad and then again track out to pro tools either drag or multichannel.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 PM ----------

Okay thay note drag across in adsr did help so i aporeciate that but still figureinf this sample thing.

you left out the input module, which is set to play whatever is coming from external

you can also just choose the external input as the sampling source, I just tell people to use the input module just so you can monitor and control the external audio from within Maschine, also just in case some people do not have real time monitoring on their interface for external inputs.

So yes, since it sounds like you are able to hear your motif in realtime without the input module just set the sampling input to external.

Maschine is not a linear daw, this is where I think you are confused. Tracking an mpc into a linear daw is not the same as sampling your motif into Maschine.

With this method you basically just make your patterns and instead of keeping it midi you turn that into audio, then build your track as normal inside of Maschine.

Yes i still love the hardware synths over most high vsts and i agree chopping up my own licks will keep me busy like how george dukes stuff had me.

you left out the input module, which is set to play whatever is coming from external

you can also just choose the external input as the sampling source, I just tell people to use the input module just so you can monitor and control the external audio from within Maschine, also just in case some people do not have real time monitoring on their interface for external inputs.

So yes, since it sounds like you are able to hear your motif in realtime without the input module just set the sampling input to external.

Maschine is not a linear daw, this is where I think you are confused. Tracking an mpc into a linear daw is not the same as sampling your motif into Maschine.

With this method you basically just make your patterns and instead of keeping it midi you turn that into audio, then build your track as normal inside of Maschine.

So in order for me to track the audio out of maschine into protools,i have to sample thr audio you mentioned and then when ready either drag or do the whole multichannel tracking thing. How I kind wanted to so it was have the entire song ready drums going and motif going in sync and somehow track everything at once into pro tools with out having to resample first. Idk I thought this could be done in standalone using a bus or something tracking in realtime like how a mpc does out its 8 outputs.

if you're using it standalone, you're gonna have to sample it. Also, you can't just stream the audio from maschine into protools either

you could stream everything live into protools though, bottom line, maschine is not a daw like protools, so recording audio into it is going to require sampling, not linear audio recording.

With how I'm telling you to do it, you work this way in the creation process, not when you're done with everything. So as you sequence parts from the motif, you resample them in as audio, and continue to build your track in maschine.

Then after you have your loops, you just export or drag them into protools to build your song, or build your song in maschine and just export the stems

Oh yeah another thinf im not sure if you use protools butive done the drag audio in pro tools and two mono tracks of the same sounds get created. I can still drag both monos to a new stereo track and just create a single stereotrack but would u know why pt would even make 2 mono tracks? Ive done countless projects in logic and they drag over as a single mono track just as I intended.

Back