How to succeed?

coffeepep

Hello people! I just wanted to know how open do you think the opportunities are in this scene? I'm 17 years old, I about to finish the school, and I want to go tu a music university or something. I don't have all the money in the world, but I will try to find something good where I can learn. But I'm afraid, you know ? I really want to produce my stuff, I want to see the people dancing to my stuff, I want to earn money, not because I like money but because I want this to be my job, I want to live with the money I earn here. I don't want to make my parents get disappointed paying me a school, and then not having a job, or making a bad decision... Just want to know your opinion guys, I really love this, I want to be a good musician

Thank you in advice!!!

You can do it. Focus on the craft though, and the business will follow.

There are various ways musicians get money for their work.
You can sell your music, perform, collect Youtube content ID revenue, collect royalties working with app/webdesigners, and collect royalties working with TV shows, video games, and other short films/movies.

If you want to get your music in the popular stores like iTunes, Amazon, and Spotify (for steaming), use a distributor like distrokid (https://distrokid.com). You'll get anywhere from 50%-70% of the revenue (after the currency exchange in foreign nations, granted you're in the U.S., and the stores cut of usually 30%). Distokid also will scan Youtube for your music and take any ad revenue a video with your music generates and will give it to you. If you work with other companies, you can arrange a royalty percentage for your part of the work , ...say 33% of the revenue from the app, or whatever product. Those little sounds you hear in apps are all made by somebody. ;) TV shows and youtube series also need original music. Any ad revenue obtained can be shared with you as royalties, and will continue as long as the shows run or are viewed.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot mate!!

By doing what you love, you lay the seeds of tomorrow. What people around you say about you or what you should do, has nothing to do with how real you know you are now and how real you deeply within know you can be. Life has its ups and downs, it's best to accept that nature and ride with it, your way through your being, in your pace. It can sometimes pay off not to be so open about detailed future plans within music, because that can trigger people's ego in a way that can be damaging, so also pay some attention to the way you protect and insure the authenticity/energy investments into making these moves. It is also important to understand that making a move like this can have positive hidden indirect impacts on your life. Life is a learning experience, you learn about things you like and you learn about things you don't like. But what you learn you love comes back to you at the end, because it loves you for loving it.

Back