How to Sample in Fl Studio?

LondonBeats

Pegasus Music
Could someone explain to me how to sample in Fl Studio? or a Link to a guide/blog about it or a video would be nice.

Quick little tutorial, based on how I like to do it.

1. Load up your sample on Edison. Find the part you want to sample, select it. Now LOOP it and try to make the rhythm sound seamless as it jumps from the end of your sample selection back to the beginning.
2. Drag and drop your selection into the playlist.
3. Pull up the channel settings for your sample and under time settings, change it from Resample to Pro Default. This step is NOT required but very helpful, especially if you want to manipulate the length of the sample without changing its tone.

Here's a good tutorial to check out on youtube: How to make soulful sampled beats in FL Studio like the professionals.! - YouTube

If I were you, i'd go straight ahead and use you slice x, you can do everything you would need to do inside there. Although there is a learning curve... only problem is you cant record Directly inside slice x, as you can with edison.

Last edited:
I've never used Edison so I can't vouch for it. It came out years after I'd been using a standalone program and was ace at that. My process is

1) record/open what I want in my editor
2) make a loop of what I want if I plan on using. Even if I don't plan on looping, I may not go for a perfect loop but I will get it to where it's in complete bars
3) open that as a sample channel (if I'm just looping) or SliceX channel

set the length to what I've cut it to. Go from there.

I preferably like to use slice x, cause it automatically adds the regions or markers you make to the piano roll. Then you can change pitch and add filter too etc.

Back