How To Sample Audio from YouTube

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtownsboy

Whats good FP, I just found this site where you can rip the audio straight from YouTube Videos in HQ. I know there's a lot of sites out there for this, but I found this one to be fairly easy. You can also extract certain parts of the audio.....lets say you want 1:00-1:15 of the song, you can do that. I might be late so just posting it for anyone who doesn't know about it.

Heres the site
http://www.dirpy.com/

You input the youtube link and the page will open where you can change the filename and also you can use the transcoder where you can grab certain parts and convert them to HQ Audio. Just thought Id share it with the FP fam, check it out and if you got a better resource let me know peace.

Heres one more thing I found last night......check out this dudes channel on youtube he has some serious heat in HQ toooooo!

https://www.youtube.com/user/JENFUHK

Last edited:
That's great thanks man. I'll prolly switch to this, my extract programme don't have that "record certain parts of the video" function. That'll be helpful especially with those videos where they playin off a buncha vinyls and you just want the one song.

All these sites fail, i just use Audacity and record in Stereo @320 kpbs, works good for me, quality is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wit Abs those sites are fail.. Easier to setup whatever sound editor you use. I use Soundforge and set it up to record directly off my Soundcard...bang... record any audio on the Pc, from youtube to DVDs, and in HQ too..

I wit Abs those sites are fail.. Easier to setup whatever sound editor you use. I use Soundforge and set it up to record directly off my Soundcard...bang... record any audio on the Pc, from youtube to DVDs, and in HQ too..
cosign, record directly off your sound card

To use Youtube to "dig" for samples is acceptable but to ACTUALLY sample off of it?...C' mon SON! Youtube doesn't have good audio quality why are we being so cheap man... You already have the advantage of listening to vinyls faster then you can at a record store now GO OUT and GET that final that you liked. Simple as that.

But hey.. if you really like that way my little speech there isn't going to change your mind now is it?

youtube aint just for records fam... how bout all the one liners, grunts and groans regular people make in there vids... i dont see nothin wrong with samplin off a vid site.

da relic

Last edited:
To use Youtube to "dig" for samples is acceptable but to ACTUALLY sample off of it?...C' mon SON! Youtube doesn't have good audio quality why are we being so cheap man... You already have the advantage of listening to vinyls faster then you can at a record store now GO OUT and GET that final that you liked. Simple as that.

But hey.. if you really like that way my little speech there isn't going to change your mind now is it?

Some of us on fp are new to sampling. I know for a fact that I wont go out and buy a record player, phone amp before I know that I am wanna gonna stick to sampling. Thats why I use youtube. I would buy a mpd or a mpk before I bought a record player 1st anyways. I use a mouse PEOPLE!

I swear some people have never heard of google. All you gotta do is search something like this "extract audio from youtube" and you'll find all you need......

thanks Dtowns, needed something so i can try remixing some funny stuff on the Tube! :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back