How to mix the 808 with the kick?

MightyJ

This if for you young trap producers out their who are constantly have sub frequency in their beats buts cant properly get the two to sound as a team.... think of the kick as batman punching straight through your speakers and the 808 as robin following it up you never want them equal nor the 808 over the kick because this will cause base clashing and make your beat sound like a pile of blah!!! However Im here to help your mixing mistake out by these few solutions..

Side chaining- side chain your 808 to the kick so when the kick hits the 808s duck in volume but only when the kick hits which allows you to make the 808s louder!! (now i use fl studio so i know theirs tutorals on youtube for this so if you have fl studio look them up if not their should be someway to create automation in your daw to do this!

EQ- otherwise known as a equalizer which is used to cut or boost frequencies, if you listen close some frequency ranges may be clashing but not enough where you want to sidechain them so pull out a eq plugin and cut about 40 from the low end!
sub which is between 0-250 hertz and low mids is 250-500 and then of course highs own up (you can also find a turoial of this on youtube so please look them up and if you have fl i would recommend using fruity parametric eq 2

if this turoial was helpful please like comment and share with your friends who also produce but cant mix their low end propery!!

Back