How to find the correct pitch of a kick?

CowboyClyde

I was wondering if there is an accurate way to find the exact pitch of a kick (or any sample of that matter)?
Sometimes its a little too difficult for me to decipher purely by ear.
The reason I want to see if there is a way to do this is because then, when I throw it into a sampler, I can put the sample on the right note and have the sampler lay out the kick on the rest of the notes.

Thanks

Last edited:
If you have a note to reference with, just pitch your kick up a couple of octaves, it'll make it a lot easier for you to detect if it's the right pitch or not.

If you have a note to reference with, just pitch your kick up a couple of octaves, it'll make it a lot easier for you to detect if it's the right pitch or not.

ahh, i see what you mean. pretty self explanatory and i'm dumb for not thinking of that in the first place. thanks for the help!

i'm assuming you're talking about an 808 kick? i pitch it up an octave or 2 too if i get stuck

if you were wondering about pitching regular drums, which a lot of people seem to do, i wouldn't really do it, i'd try to pick better drums i think

Last edited:
Back