How to connect Arranger to audio interface?

Kenko

Hello everyone

So i bought Presonus audiobox 96 and in the back of it there is MIDI in and out, and i want to know if it is safe to connect my Yamaha arranger directly to my audio interface like that or there is some other way to do it?
I also saw people connecting their synths by stereo 6.3mm jacks.

(I read somewhere on internet that i need some DI box in order to not damage my Presonus audiobox by connecting my instrument directly to MIDI)

Last edited:
No. Not if you want audio. MIDI is not an audio connection. MIDI will allow you to input data, but then you need a soft-synth to make the sounds. If you want the actual on-board sounds of your synth, you go Audio Out on the keyboard to Audio In on the interface. It should be a quarter-inch instrument jack, going into a quarter-inch instrument jack (or a smart-jack that has both XLR and 1/4”).

GJ

No. Not if you want audio. MIDI is not an audio connection. MIDI will allow you to input data, but then you need a soft-synth to make the sounds. If you want the actual on-board sounds of your synth, you go Audio Out on the keyboard to Audio In on the interface. It should be a quarter-inch instrument jack, going into a quarter-inch instrument jack (or a smart-jack that has both XLR and 1/4”).

GJ

Oh ok, I get you now, thanks for explanation, I am gonna try not to fry out my interface by line level connection, maybe I will need to buy that DI bow after all.

It should be able to take instrument-level signal; that’s kind of the point. But read your manual (which is why I posted it above)!!

GJ

Back