How should i set up my studio for recording vocals?

rezzyceo

Hi, Im a producer and ive been making beats and sending them to rappers for a while, but now i want to start recording my own songs with some of my friends, and i was wondering what i should do to my studio to optimize it for recording.

here are some pics

IMG_4113.JPG

IMG_4114.JPGIMG_4115.JPG so im thinking about putting the mic in the corner where the skateboards hung up (ill take the board and rack off) what should i do to get the best quality recording in that area ? i was thinking id put up some foam pads all around where the mics gonna be but im not very knowledgeable with this stuff so can i get some suggestions and tips?

Is that the ONLY possible spot? You'll wanna move it as far away from your computer & gear as possible to get rid of that 'low noise'; fans, etc. You can put up all the foam you want, but if the initial spot isn't good, it's like tryna turn garbage sounds inta gold. This is uh very hard topic ta help you on since you're the only one in your room, unless you drew some sort of 3D pic. Lol I suggest you do alota research. I got uh few books, do what you gotta do, the information is out there, & from there you make your judgements. I've seen uh guy who goes by Sownds on YouTube, he showed how he uses uh Queen Size Mattress Foam Pad Thing from WalMart. Lol

Love the skateboards on the walls my dude, nothin better that skateing then making beats!..

when I started recording first I had NO room, I made a booth by covering my door and the wall with foam, aswell as the ceiling so the whole corner was coverd, then I hung a bar accross the top and hung a bunch of bankets down. My mates used to cover the bankets over their heads during recording and enter a diffrent world haha..It worked really well and there was no refelections and the sound was really dry.. make sure you close the window too, makes a big diffrence even if its quite outside!

Back