HOW should I sell beats?

the.boy

Yo FP

So I'm new to producing. I'm making hiphop beats to sell, I have only made a handful so far but people seem to really like them. I have yet to sell any, or put any up for sale online. Im constantly questioning myself how should i sell and market them. I see all these 'type beat' producers online, they have 'drake type beats' on youtube, sell these beats on their website, etc. These kind of videos seem to get 100000+ views so imagine they make alot of money from their beats. But then I always hear people saying how you shouldn't be a 'type beat' producer and how it can limit your creativity (Which i kind of agree with). So i want to sell beats that are made in my own style and not a 'type beat', but then how would i market my beats? Since rappers would search for beats in a style that they are looking for. What would you guys recommend to a starting out producer? I feel like i have potential and don't want to join the crowd of the hundreds of thousands of 'type beat producers', but if i don't.. how would people find what they are looking for?

The same way you see other selling anything else in life

Get a payment processor (paypal works well)
A site or place to display your product

Focus on your talent and discipline required to sustain it before focusing on your brand. Branding should come when people begin to demand the service that you offer and you have to establish trust before establishing your brand.

Back