How Old R U

this thread is lame, not for the fact of the age, simply because its been done already, and why post it in the sampling section??

kb420 said:
35 here. Started making beats when I was 14 on a Roland TR 909.

That's over 21 years of being a beatmaker. Here a list of all the hardware that I have used.

Roland 303, 606, 707, 727, 808, 909
Boss Dr. Rhythm
Yamaha RX-5
Emu Sp 12, SP 1200
Yamaha DX7, DX 11, TX81Z
Akai MPC 60, 3000
Ensoniq ASR 10
Korg 01R/W
Peavey Bass
Oberheim Matrix 12

and some other stuff that I can't even remember.

This dude is the man...on what the grove box is pretty dope. i used to have one....lol.....i admit it!!!! 909 is dopper, but i thought that was a newer model? like the lates one?

32 so I'm twice someones age and half someone elses but my music is my own- neither twice as good nor half as good because it's original!!

I'm 21 but that doesn't really matter. I think experience is more respectable. You see people in your teens and you say to yourself man, I wish I was that age when I started making beats... but then you think... I have more experience then them making beats and going through life so I'm cooler...

hI ims Am 5ve yere ol...

well i mean im 30...but i started technically 5 years ago-but been making beats in my head since the womb...is there a point to all this?

Last edited:
Hey, im 14 years old too, started a half year ago beeing ''serious'', but i focus on not sampling, making it all original, playing it myself basically...

www.soundclick.com/ciscopoplockcapone

I just want to ask Bro Random, what kind of experience are you talking about, i got allot... Negative/positive...

Last edited by a moderator:
I just turned 17, I started when I was 16.

bobsmitt said:
13 started a little over a year ago when i was 12.
Yo, your sample based productions are pretty nice... Keep it up, youve got time on your hands... This kid who is also 13 down the street from me, im teaching him the baisics of production.

Last edited:
Back