How much $$ do you get for a placement??

P

PushinKeys

I know its a vague question but Im sure alot of people would like to know. How much would you get for a major placement on a major label. Both up front and in royalties. I know it depends on record sales. But whats a rough amount/estimate?????

dude this question is asked constantly....it depends on alot of different variables...if your unknown then maybe $1000-$2000 and no points...if u got a bit of a buzz happening maybe $5000-$10,000 and a couple points...if ur pharrell then maybe $350,000 and a couple more points lol? its all relative and really not a question that can be answered without further details i.e are your beats going to ''young fly'' the next snap king,or usher a seasoned performer and musician with a massive fan base that will buy his music even if he sings with a peg on his nose?.......

so your saying in most cases an unknown producer will get no royalties on his first placement??

Just produce for females and get paid in

1057194_discovery_f.jpg

PushinKeys said:
so your saying in most cases an unknown producer will get no royalties on his first placement??

man there are so many damn variables...depends on the company you're dealing with. Alot of major independents have a history of making new producers sign away their publishing. But in most cases you should make sure you negotiate for your publishing/royalties. Thats where a good portion of your money is going to come from if its a major artist that will move decent units

Peace

j.troup said:
Pink Yarn and Domestic Animal Offspring??

You're one sick individual.

I implied nothing sexual about the picture of a pussy in pink...that was all you. I just said that would be what you would get. Sicko

troup what books do you recomend for producers to read?

Dj Kashus Klay said:
troup what books do you recomend for producers to read?

Donald Passman - Everything You Need To Know About The Music Business

Kevin Liles - Make It Happen

Start there.

j.troup said:
Donald Passman - Everything You Need To Know About The Music Business

Kevin Liles - Make It Happen

Start there.

'preciate it

Well, I was offered once 3gs from a very very unknown indie that had only one album out + points (it didnt go tru causde i didnt deliver what they were looking for btw). So I think majors go a lil higher. In that day and age - I'd look for the 4-7gs range for absolute unknowns. Again, thats just an advance anyway, so if an album does well and ur song is a single or even a hit, then you are looking to make bank.
I don't know why people keep saying that you dont get royalties and ****. I mean how negative is that., You are setting up yourselves for failure. If somebody buys a beat and wants you to sign your publishing away and what not, ur better off saving your heat for someone who is serious about their business and not trying to make a qucik buck from screwing up producers.
If someone ****s me over, no more heat for them, ever...again, ever...

$7,000? Pssstt... I'm 18 live with my parents and have no bills, so that'd be hella nice, plus the euphoria you'd receive from reading your name in the booklet.

Back