How Many Beats Do You Make?

chrisb said:
On A average day i make about three or four damn cats is moving slow out here

5am: wake up go to the gym
8am: start work
between 6-7: get home from work
between 7-8: take shower eat dinner

now that leaves mayb 2 or 3 hours in your day in order to sleep decent plus i got school and a girl and friends to chill wit and im not going to rush a beat just to say i made one

Last Ritez said:
5am: wake up go to the gym
8am: start work
between 6-7: get home from work
between 7-8: take shower eat dinner

now that leaves mayb 2 or 3 hours in your day in order to sleep decent plus i got school and a girl and friends to chill wit and im not going to rush a beat just to say i made one

THANK YOU.

Im a weekend warrior right now, I usually prepare my sounds during the week and do some chopping and fine tuning then I bang it out one day of the weekend then track it down and start mixing and "mastering" the next day. I like to have a complete track not just a beat made.

I got a T.V. in my lil studio area... so I just make random beats while looking at TV.... I pick the song I like and work with it over the weekend.

Depending on flow of creativity... I can make a song under a 10 hour period. If I did not have to work or had a family ... I'd make about on average of 20 quality records a month..... It's logic... and in terms of my production comany ... I'd double that amount with any work with them... it's all logic... really. Don't shoot for numbers you can't hit...

Last Ritez said:
Im a weekend warrior right now, I usually prepare my sounds during the week and do some chopping and fine tuning then I bang it out one day of the weekend then track it down and start mixing and "mastering" the next day. I like to have a complete track not just a beat made.

I feel you. I was out from work sick monday and tuesday... I spent all of both days not making several beats.... I was just working on the same ONE song lol.

And I've kind of thought of it like... is a one minute made beat gonna make listeners come back for more usually? I like to foreplay, f***, smoke a cig, and spend the night with my track lol

vaboi said:
I feel you. I was out from work sick monday and tuesday... I spent all of both days not making several beats.... I was just working on the same ONE song lol.

And I've kind of thought of it like... is a one minute made beat gonna make listeners come back for more usually? I like to foreplay, f***, smoke a cig, and spend the night with my track lol

yea and then listen to it in the morning and say damm what the hell was i listening to last nite and throw it out of your house haha jp

Last Ritez said:
yea and then listen to it in the morning and say damm what the hell was i listening to last nite and throw it out of your house haha jp
:cry:

Like "I'm never drinkin and making beats again!"

Kaminota said:
Throw it out like a cheap whore

But beatwise, I still have even my cheap whores locked away somewhere in a hard drive or zip disk lol

Last edited:
vaboi said:
quality over quantity definitely... no offense, but 2000 in a year, I'm pretty sure you don't have 1600 bangers honestly.

I would say about a good 1/3rd are definitely "Bangers". Don't give me that bull****, "quality over quanity", or else I'll say "Practice makes perfect" so the more you practice the better you become. I have alot of ideas and don't get producers block like you people. In animalistic terms...I'm a clydesdale while the rest of you are thoroughbreds too small to carry the big load. :D

Last edited:
Clydedale... smh @ that .... I'm a motherfunking Donkey ......

All that means is my durability is greater compared to my actual appearance....

^^^^ this is also a good line use on the ladies ... Cause donkeys are relatively well endowed although small in stature.

mannn, i only produced 4 complete tracks last year. this year, as of late 2. i want to get more in, but i wont force myself. I am looking to at least, completing 10-12 this year . .

Kaminota said:
Clydedale... smh @ that .... I'm a motherfunking Donkey ......

All that means is my durability is greater compared to my actual appearance....

^^^^ this is also a good line use on the ladies ... Cause donkeys are relatively well endowed although small in stature.

haha your music is ass then... some cats just arent built for this game. :victory:

I make 5 beats a day. For 3 summers. What ya'll don't understand is.... that's a different world like free summers

Last edited:
Puppet said:
I make 5 beats a day. For 3 summers. What ya'll don't understand is.... that's a different world like free summers

you should just **** kanye in his ass already

Puppet said:

lol whats with all the references to "Spaceship" today when I just happened to listen to that song yesterday for the first time again in like two years.

That's cool trillz do your thing *pat on the back and a cookie*

vaboi said:
lol whats with all the references to "Spaceship" today when I just happened to listen to that song yesterday for the first time again in like two years.

That's cool trillz do your thing *pat on the back and a cookie*

ok, now stop smoking cigs their killin you

trillz said:
ok, now stop smoking cigs their killin you

LMAO, honestly I do need to take you up on that advice... I just came back from a smoke break a lil while ago. See, not trying to knock you or say you don't make hot songs, you probably do, but respect our creative process too.. If it was my career I'd have more time to create more, and certainly dealing with paying clients, I'd need to pick up the pace a bit. I'd love that opportunity, but til then I just do it for fun, and at my pace. Peace...

Unidentifyable said:
mannn, i only produced 4 complete tracks last year. this year, as of late 2. i want to get more in, but i wont force myself. I am looking to at least, completing 10-12 this year . .

some of yall put too much thought into this.

vaboi said:
LMAO, honestly I do need to take you up on that advice... I just came back from a smoke break a lil while ago. See, not trying to knock you or say you don't make hot songs, you probably do, but respect our creative process too.. If it was my career I'd have more time to create more, and certainly dealing with paying clients, I'd need to pick up the pace a bit. I'd love that opportunity, but til then I just do it for fun, and at my pace. Peace...

ya whats funny is I was about to post that it was only couple months ago until I had all this time. I now collect unemployment and try to help local rappers get ahead in the game. I'm not sayin I'm the best but I stay humbled. I never knocked yours or anyone elses ability. I just think if ur serious then you gotta keep at it or else u can't expect magic everytime.

Last edited:
Back