How long have you been producing, and what level are you at?

MiguelTym

Hey I've been trying to produce for a while now and i feel like I'm going nowhere, could someone just tell me how long THEY'VE been producing and what their soundcloud is or what level they're at so I know how I am in comparison and how much i need to keep up.

Don't waste your time.

It isn't gonna help or tell you anything. Instead of trying to forecast where you are gonna be and when, take a look at HOW you're going to do it. Do you even deserve to be good based on your work ethic? Are you dedicated? How much time do you put into it? Whats your short and long term plan? Etc.. If you think nothing but sitting down and messing around on a DAW will get you there, odds are it won't. Treat your music like a business.

Time means very little. If you think there is a point where you can just stop learning and 'be there' you're dead wrong.

Last edited:
This is long term and the reason i was asking was to find where my progress lies with other people's. I appreciate the criticism but if you think this is wasting your time then don't comment.

I've been producing for quite some time, and I'm at a level where I feel I have learnt a small fraction of what I want.

Go to settings, edit signature, type [ soundcloud ] insert soundcloud link here [ / soundcloud ] without the spaces.

Hey I've been trying to produce for a while now and i feel like I'm going nowhere, could someone just tell me how long THEY'VE been producing and what their soundcloud is or what level they're at so I know how I am in comparison and how much i need to keep up.

You have to market and brand yourself. It's hardly ever about the best stuff, it's about the producer's brand and relationships with the artists and others who do what they do. If you've compared your stuff to what's out there and you really think you have what it takes, take time to put the music to the side and work on your brand and marketing.

There's just too much competition in the beat/instrumental world to just have good material nowadays. I used to produce heavy just 10 years ago and just got back into the game and it is completely different from 2004-2014. With youtube tutorials and the maschine movement, just about anyone with internet and $300 can make decent beats. Focus on polishing your brand and network as much as humanly possible. If your networking game is right, people will end up telling you exactly what you need to get your stuff to next level. Good luck!

I've been producing for 2 years now, more or less. And I'm at a level where my music still sucks, but less than when I started.

This is long term and the reason i was asking was to find where my progress lies with other people's. I appreciate the criticism but if you think this is wasting your time then don't comment.

I meant youre wasting YOUR time by even considering other peoples time:skill ratio.

Its irrelevant to how far or how quick you will do it, which is why youre asking. You still havent answered my questions.

Back