How does this computer set up sound to you?

Nicro

Looks pretty good. You may want to look at a passively cooled video card instead of a fan if you want it quieter, if it doesn't matter then your fine.

I'm kinda computer dumb but what are the advantages of building a PC verse just buying one?
I'm sure that computer is good but what is the advantage compared to just buying something like this
Asus - Essentio Desktop / AMD Phenom™ II X6 Processor / 8GB Memory / 1TB Hard Drive - CM1730-07

It's barely more then the cost of the CPU alone, built, with a warranty.

Basically just because I can control what I put in and don't put in. Including which parts I choose to use, etc.. Then also its just more cool stuff to learn. I like to get all geeky and learn new stuff. By doing this I will control what I get, and learn various things which will then make it easier for me to upgrade in the future etc..

---------- Post added at 10:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Looks pretty good. You may want to look at a passively cooled video card instead of a fan if you want it quieter, if it doesn't matter then your fine.

Do you have any suggestions. I'm just starting to learn about comps and all, so a good example would be cool. I definitely want quiet.

I feel you. I took a class in HS on computers and putting them together haha. I guess I'm just too lazy to build. I got bit with the overpriced Mac bug.

Back