How Do You Think Hip Hop or R&b is going to sound in Ten More Years from now?

Asking this question just to simply combine opinions for my Productions So I myself and other Creators can be ahead of the game!:hmmm:

One basic about human behaviour (in groups on an average), it seems to move in waves or stay at a fixed point (if you plotted it on a graph). I think we have maxed out our aggression in this music, so i think it will (depending on how society changes):

a) stay the same at this fixed point with aggression being the main driver. (possibly having new types of rap branching out)
b) move towards a more mellow sound, eventually in a couple hundred years reaching "sweet as a rose" rap then bouncing back again
c) the old aggressive rap will "die out" and a new thing will take it's place.

The lyrical complexity is still developing, rhyme schemes are getting more complicated (on average), along with metaphors. So we will see a gradual movement towards complexity on that front till we reach the limits of our capacities.

The pop front of rap is probably going to stay the same (i'm guessing) seeing as it's working fine for them.

One thing i've noticed is a big shift towards people trying to stay independent now, so record companies might start to suffer in 10 years and pop music might actually start to decline.

Last edited:
The radio will remain whatever 5 people the public has bandwagoned at that given time. Those 5 people will sound the same. The "underground" hip hop i think will become more and more laid back. The next generation is gonna be the new hippies. That's what I believe anyway.

I agree with olie, but I think US mainstream rap and hip hop are also starting to have more laid back hits.

HIP-HOP WILL SOUND LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE <- THAT. THOSE ARE THE HOOKS. VERSES WILL BE ABOUT WHAT THEY GOT SO FAR. SOMETHING WE DON'T GIVE A ......... NEW GENERATION WILL LOVE IT THO sad... R&B still R&B I love it thanks god they haven't create some stupid shit yet.

Back